X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• @ScopedProxy or annotation equivalent of <aop:scoped-proxy/>

Are there any plans to introduce an Java annotation equivalent of the <aop:scoped-proxy/> at some point?

It seems to exist but only as part of Spring Java Config.

Joerg

Comment

Yes, I found that too. However it's not really what I was looking for. That would require me to write a separate Java class similar to using the separate XML based configuration. I don't see the advantage. When you write the annotations directly into the original class it keeps everything in one place so it's simpler.

Comment

Originally posted by jdhwpgmbca View Post
        That would require me to write a separate Java class similar to using the separate XML based configuration.
        I can't follow you. Why could you not just add the annotation to the actual to-be-proxied class?

Joerg

Comment

I too am interested in this.

Originally posted by Jörg Heinicke View Post
          Why could you not just add the annotation to the actual to-be-proxied class?
          Spring Java Config annotations cannot be used in this way, they are used only as a part of java class that represents the whole java configuration, as opposed to xml config.

So, we need something like @ScopedProxy that works on individual beans, together with @Component and @Scope.

Comment

After some digging I found the solution. You define component-scan definition like this:
            HTML Code:
            <context:component-scan base-package="your.package" scoped-proxy="interfaces"/>
            All scoped beans will then be automaticaly proxied. It seems that the default value of "scoped-proxy" attribute is "no", which would mean no proxies would be created.

The possible values for "scoped-proxy" attribute are: "no", "interfaces" and "targetClass".

Regards,
            Igor.

Comment

<context:component-scan base-package="your.package" scoped-proxy="interfaces"/>

Thanks, that works for me. I do like the @ScopedProxy annotation idea better though. This works but you need to be careful to keep your proxied classes separate in some way from your non-proxied ones - probably a different package.
              Last edited by jdhwpgmbca; Nov 22nd, 2007, 09:40 PM.

Comment

scoped-proxy=&quot;interfaces&quot; creates 'standard JDK proxies'

Don't forget that scoped-proxy="interfaces" creates 'standard JDK proxies'

This is different from the default for "<aop:scoped-proxy/>" which creates CGLIB based proxies.

As a result your scoped bean needs to implement an interface and all your collaborators have to reference the interface.

http://static.springframework.org/sp...ection-proxies

Comment

@scope and jsp

Hi

When you place a bean in the session using the @scope.
                  How do you access to it in the jsp page ?

I would like to kwon if a value is store in the http session and how the get the name of the object in the session

Regards

Comment

what sense does it make to use request/session-scoped beans without <aop:scoped-proxy/>? Shouldn't Spring either activate that as a default or throw an exception? I currently have "request" scoped beans running that get passed from request to request.... (Spring 3.0.7)

Comment

I know this thread is old, but this was added to the @Scope annotation in Spring 3.0

For example:

Code:
                      @Scope(value = "session", proxyMode = ScopedProxyMode.TARGET_CLASS)

Comment

Exception in CGLIB evaluating toString on scoped bean proxy

I am having a problem with this. I am using the exact annotation you have provided but I cannot seem to reference the scoped bean from within a filter.

In my web.xml I declare the filter like so:

Code:

<filter>
                                <filter-name>apiFilter</filter-name>
                                <filter-class>
                                    org.springframework.web.filter.DelegatingFilterProxy
                                </filter-class>
                            </filter>

<filter-mapping>
                                <filter-name>apiFilter</filter-name>
                                <url-pattern>/api/*</url-pattern>
                            </filter-mapping>
                        Then declare my filter bean:

Code:
                        @Component(value = "apiFilter")
                        public class ApiAuthFilter extends GenericFilterBean {
                        And my scoped bean:

Code:
                        @Component
                        @Scope(value = "session", proxyMode = ScopedProxyMode.TARGET_CLASS)
                        public class UserSession implements Serializable {
                        But when I inject my scoped bean into the Filter as soon as the filter is hit I get this error:

Code:
                        Method threw 'org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException' exception.  Cannot evaluate com.mypackage.UserSession$$EnhancerByCGLIB$$c52125bc.toString()
                        The "toString()" method of my scoped bean is not even implemented.

Is this a bug?

Comment

I like @ScopedProxy

Comment

Working...
                          X