X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spring Apps on a J2EE app server

Hi, as an unseasoned spring user, I'm still not sure if this is the right approach. The goal of my current project is to split up a monolithic system into different modules (reusable by other future applications). Some of these modules are to be resources of another. These modules will each have their own Spring application context using resources exposed by JNDI (of the app server). They will also communicate using JMS (of the app server). Simply put, I don't want everything defined in the application context since they may be reused by future projects, nor do I want JMS to be tied to a specific application context. Is this reasoning plausible? Or would you guys suggest a better way of doing it?

One good thing is surely to have one application context per module. But the main issue is the definition of each module's dependencies.

For each module should be defined which interfaces (in other modules) or which JMS destinations it needs. Then the dependencies could be resolved via an appropriate application context or even programmatically.
    The actual deployment informations (JNDI url, JMS destination parameters) could be externalized into properties files using PropertyPlaceholderConfigurer to facilitate reuse.
    I really see no contradiction in using Spring for wiring of a module intended for reuse.

Regards,
    Andreas

Comment

Working...
    X