Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.
Does setNestedPath() method works with a sub-object as a Collection type Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does setNestedPath() method works with a sub-object as a Collection type

Suppose I have Class A has a collection type referencing Class B, Class B class a List referencing Class C.

In this case, how can I set the nested path, I am confused.

e.g.

aaa.bbb.ccc (does bbb needs to be concrete class object, how about collection type)?

Thanks.

To be clear on this, following code is an example.

A.class
    Code:
    Collection<B>   bbb;
    B.class
    Code:
    List<String>   ccc;
    Note that each bean has a corresponding custom validation class begins with V.

Code:
    String oldPath = errors.getNestedPath();
    errors.setNestedPath(oldPath + "bbb"); // is this correct?

// run the validation

// reset the old path
    errors.setNestedPath(oldPath);
    Then whenever the validation is invoked, there is an error message shown on the console. I think this is because Spring Framework cannot correctly pass the "bbb.ccc" because bbb is a Collection type defined in A.class.

Also note that if the bbb is not a collecton type, everything works fine.

Need helps on this touch question.

Thanks,
    Jiafan

Comment

the error message is shown below.

Mon Aug 27 14:18:17 BST 2007 - Ignoring item test_case, notReadablePropertyException: An unrecoverable error has occurred: Invalid property 'bbb.ccc' of bean class [A]: Bean property 'bbb.ccc' is not readable or has an invalid getter method: Does the return type of the getter match the parameter type of the setter? (ccc).

I think this issue also reveals a bigger question on using the setNestedPath(String) method, when the subtree contains a collection type object, does a simple String like "bbb" be able to let Framework find the correct property for the Error message?
      Last edited by JiafanZhou; Aug 27th, 2007, 09:04 AM.

Comment

It follows standard Java bean notation. aaa.bbb.ccc means aaa.getBbb().getCcc(). For collections the notation changes to aaa.bbb[index].ccc and is translated to aaa.getBbb().get(index).getCcc().

Joerg

Comment

Thanks for pulling for from my thinking's lair. After your suggestion that added those amazing square brackets, my code works perfect now.

Thanks again.

Regards,
          Jiafan

Comment

Working...
          X