X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to get started with OSGi...

I've listened to the webcast and I've read some documentation on OSGi on their site - it's something that's very appealing to use in our upcoming project which will start small but will grow to perhaps something sizeable in the future, so now is the time to lay good groundwork as we're about to get started.

Question - rather, general: how would you go about starting small with OSGi - what would be the most straight forward and non-invasive approach to using it.

I have two apprehensions: 1) getting stuck with some complexities of OSGi and spending lots of time on resolving them instaead of focusing on project requirments, and 2) the offering's maturity at this stage of the game.

The benefits are still very appearling though, so I'd like to give it a try. How would you recommend to get started small and learn?!

Any advise would be helpful -

Originally posted by jdepaul View Post
    I have two apprehensions: 1) getting stuck with some complexities of OSGi and spending lots of time on resolving them instaead of focusing on project requirments, and 2) the offering's maturity at this stage of the game.
    This is the danger when you start using an new technology. Personally, I'd do what I always do with any new technhology, download it and have a play with it. Eclipse is one of the high profile users of OSGi, one of the talks at SpringOne said that any one using it is on the bleeding edge. I guess you give it a go and see. There is a google group for Spring OSGi and obviously the main site.
    http://raibledesigns.com/rd/entry/ts...gi_with_adrian

Comment

Working...
    X