• Show
Clear All

• ApplicationContext within jar

A jar-file implements a client as described here:

Code:
    public class ToolsClient {

private ApplicationContext applicationContext;

public ToolsClient( ApplicationContext parentContext ) {
          applicationContext = new ClassPathXmlApplicationContext(new String[]{"classpath:spring.xml"}, parentContext );
       }
       public PropertyClient getPropertyClient() {
          return (PropertyClient) applicationContext.getBean("propertyClient");
       }
    The client is invoked by specifying a parent context. The junit tests run fine, all seems to be good.
    But then i am using a second hibernate client. It supplies it's own spring.xml, which is different and independent from the tools spring.xml. This module instantiates the tools client, but when accesing getPropertyClient() spring throws a "no such bean exception". It seems the tool-client find the wrong spring.xml. Any idea?

I analzed the problem some more: spring searches the classpath and finds the spring.xml in an other jar. I am confused about this.
    In general a java classLoader tries to lookup in the current context, this may be a jar-file. If the resource is not found, to parent loader is used.
    Springs seems to breaks this mechanismn and always uses the classpath for searching. For a classpath context this may be okay, but a ClassLoaderApplicationContext is missing in the api.

Comment

Working...
    X