X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jboss and Spring

I'm sorry if I've posted to the wrong forum topic here. I did a search for topics containing jboss and didn't find the answer I wanted so here goes.

I have written a spring application. I start that application by getting the ClassPathXmlApplicationContext in the main method, which loads the xml file.

Now I have need to run this application inside Jboss. I have found the page on the jboss site (http://wiki.jboss.org/wiki/Wiki.jsp?...ingIntegration) which supplies jboss-spring.deployer, which I put into my jboss instance, which will invoke my xxx.spring package.

Now what I want to know is, is this the best way to do it? If not what is?

If it isn't, can some please supply a sample war or some such? I've had an aweful time of this, and really need to make some head way. I'm not new to jboss, but I am new to having to create war files from scratch.

Personally, I would have thought a blank war, which some mbean creating the context would have been the way to go, but I don't know how to do it.

Hope someone can help me.
    Thanks
    Paul.

hmmm

Well I've now had a bit of a play with the jboss spring deployer. It is stuck in the age of Spring 1.2.5, which doesn't really suit me, as I really need 2.0.2, and it will need a rewrite to upgrade... So I'll left looking for a way to start a spring app from a war file.

Comment

Initialiaze Spring beans from war

In the web.xml for your war file you can specify the following , which will initialize the spring beans at startup :
      <context-param>
      <param-name>contextConfigLocation</param-name>
      <param-value>/WEB-INF/applicationContext-services.xml,/WEB-INF/applicationContext-dataAccess.xml</param-value>
      </context-param>
      <!-- above xml files are spring bean config files packed in your war/WEB-INF -->
      <listener>
      <listener-class>org.springframework.web.context.ContextLoade rListener</listener-class>
      </listener>

Comment

Thanks diippi, but in the meantime I'd figured it out. It was chance find, as I was reading the spring docs, as I didn't really know what I was looking for....

Comment

Working...
        X