Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.
Quartz configuration with both persistent and non-presistent jobs Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quartz configuration with both persistent and non-presistent jobs

Hey guys,

I am trying to configure Quartz through Spring so that I can use a single scheduler to execute both persistent and non-persistent jobs. Is this even possible? or would I have to use two different schedulers with 2 different sets of properties?

The issue is that I'm using a clustered environment in which jobs need to be synchronized across nodes, but each node also needs its own non-persistent jobs to handle node level operations.

This is what my spring config looks like for the scheduler:

Code:
    <bean id="scheduler" class="org.springframework.scheduling.quartz.SchedulerFactoryBean">
    		<property name="dataSource" ref="dataSource"/>
    		<property name="transactionManager" ref="txManager"/>
    		<property name="quartzProperties">
    			<bean class="com.hannonhill.cascade.model.quartz.util.QuartzPropertiesFactoryBean">
    				<property name="properties">
    					<bean class="org.springframework.beans.factory.config.PropertiesFactoryBean">
    						<property name="location" value="classpath:com/hannonhill/cascade/config/quartz/quartz.properties"/>
    					</bean>
    				</property>
    				<property name="dataSource" ref="dataSource"/>
    				<property name="customMysqlProperties">
    						<property name="location" value="classpath:com/hannonhill/cascade/config/quartz/custom.mysql.properties"/>
    					</bean>
    				</property>
    				<property name="customMssqlProperties">
    						<property name="location" value="classpath:com/hannonhill/cascade/config/quartz/custom.mssql.properties"/>
    					</bean>
    				</property>
    				<property name="customOracleProperties">
    						<property name="location" value="classpath:com/hannonhill/cascade/config/quartz/custom.oracle.properties"/>
    					</bean>
    				</property>
    			</bean>			
    		</property>
    	</bean>

So, if I add a "triggers" property to this scheduler, any triggers supplied will become persistent jobs. Is there any way to flag a trigger/job detail as a non-persistent job or something of this sort?

Originally posted by mikessthreat View Post
    I am trying to configure Quartz through Spring so that I can use a single scheduler to execute both persistent and non-persistent jobs. Is this even possible? or would I have to use two different schedulers with 2 different sets of properties?
    What makes you think you can't have both types of job in the same scheduler?

The issue is that I'm using a clustered environment in which jobs need to be synchronized across nodes, but each node also needs its own non-persistent jobs to handle node level operations.
    Have you looked at the clustering capabilities of Quartz?

So, if I add a "triggers" property to this scheduler, any triggers supplied will become persistent jobs. Is there any way to flag a trigger/job detail as a non-persistent job or something of this sort?
    I'm not sure I understand this.
    Last edited by karldmoore; Aug 27th, 2007, 04:46 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by karldmoore View Post
      Have you looked at the clustering capabilities of Quartz?
      Yes, the scheduler bean in the spring config I supplied above uses a configuration file which sets the scheduler as a clustered instance.

Originally posted by karldmoore View Post
      What makes you think you can't have both types of job in the same scheduler?
      Well, I have tried adding triggers to the scheduler bean and they are being persisted in the database when I would like for them not to be. For example, I have the following trigger and job detail:

Code:
      	<bean name="monitor" class="org.springframework.scheduling.quartz.JobDetailBean">
      		<property name="jobClass" value="someJobClass"/>
      	</bean>

<bean id="monitorTrigger" class="org.springframework.scheduling.quartz.SimpleTriggerBean">
      	    <property name="jobDetail" ref="monitor"/>
      	    <property name="startDelay" value="10000" />
      	    <property name="repeatInterval" value="1000" />
      	</bean>
      Then inside the scheduler bean I add a property like the following:

Code:
          <property name="triggers">
              <list>
                  <ref bean="monitorTrigger" />
              </list>
          </property>
      Since the scheduler bean is configured as a clustered scheduler, it is persisting the "monitor" job when I would like for it not to be.

Does that make more sense?

Comment

Working...
      X