Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ClassPathXmlApplicationContext and multiple root directories

Hi,

I'm using a ClassPathXmlApplicationContext and it seems that it only uses the xml-files from the first directory in the classpath.

E.g.:

-classpath "/foo;/bar"

Only the files from /foo are loaded.

Why?

Any way to get it working with multiple dirs?

If the files have diferent names they can be loaded from /foo and /bar. It they have the same name you will need to use something like a ResourcePatternResolver to locate the files before loading them with ClassPathXmlApplicationContext. Some of the Spring context utilities do this for you (e.g. the ContextLoaderListener in a web app).

Comment

Ah I see, I used "/somefilename*.properties" This seems not to work with multiple paths, right?
      I looked into the source but I couldn't find the code where the files are loaded.

Comment

The Strings are converted to resources and loaded in AbstractBeanDefinitionLoader. So ResourcePatternResolver is used. I think "classpath*:/somefilename.properties" works for multiple classpath entries, but not "/somefilename*.properties" (which might work in the filesystem). You can experiment with PathMatchingResourcePatternResolver to see how to interpret the results.

Comment

Ah, I see:

http://www.springframework.org/docs/...path-wildcards

Thanks alot!

Comment

Working...
          X