Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re-Loding Spring classes programmatically

Hi

Just wanted to find out whats the best solution for this problem i have.

We have a application where by each nite our database servers gets restarted.

Now tomcat which is running Spring/Hibernate is broken everymorning as the jdbc connection that Spring/Hibernate is using is stale.
    We are using org.apache.commons.dbcp.BasicDataSource as our dataSoruce.

We have some java code that runs everymorning and re-loads all java classes that we have for our web app.

How can i get the Spring to reload?

We have to restart tomcat everymorning to fix this broken jdbc connection.

thanks in advance.

If your database restarts then I would recommend you restart tomcat too, since its going to leave those connections broken. I don't think there's any way around it. We have a similar setup ( not with spring though ) but we still have to restart both.

Hope that helps.

Comment

You have to write your own connection pool based datasource that can manage the connection states though database upsets. It seems like a lot of work but it is worth the effort and really isn't that hard or complex.

Alternatively, you can create a cluster and restart servers one at a time so there is no loss of service.

Comment

We are using the BasicDataSource and having a closer look at this class there was a property "validateQuery" which i used and it seems to work fine now.
        Thanks for all the tips...

Comment

I would say that's a much better idea, coupled with testOnBorrow (or one of the other test methods) that should solve the problem.
          http://jakarta.apache.org/commons/db...l#testOnBorrow
          Last edited by karldmoore; Aug 27th, 2007, 03:32 PM.

Comment

Working...
          X