Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PropertyResourceConfigurer help

Hi.
    can someone please help me out with this problem.

I have a virtual tomcat server configuration in which i pass some Paramerters as shown below
    <Server ...>
    ... other properties...

<Host name="xxx.yyy.com" debug="0" appBase="active_web" unpackWARs="true" autoDeploy="true">

<Context path="" docBase="active_web" debug="0" loadable="true">
    <Parameter name="xxxProperties" value="some file path" override="false"/>
    </Context>

</Host>

What i want to do is to get the value of xxxProperties which will be a file name(Outside the application context ) and then read that file using PropertyResourceConfigurer.

<bean id="propertyConfigurer" class="org.springframework.beans.factory.config.Pr opertyPlaceholderConfigurer">
    <property name="location" value="file:${xxxProperties}"/></bean>

At the moment xxxProperties cannot be resolved. This xxxProperties should be in the ServeltContext as an init paramter. What am i doing wrong ?

I also tried using ServletContextPropertyPlaceholderConfigurer instead of PropertyPlaceholderConfigurer still no luck.

- thanks in advance.

I would have thought ServletContextPropertyPlaceholderConfigurer would be the one you are looking for. Is it possible to see the configuration you were using the exception you were getting?
    Last edited by karldmoore; Aug 29th, 2007, 11:54 AM.

Comment

stack traces

Hi,
      This is the stack trace when using ServletContextPropertyPlaceholderConfigurer

<bean id="propertyConfigurer" class="org.springframework.web.context.support.Ser vletContextPropertyPlaceholderConfigurer">
      <property name="location" value="file:${xxxProperties}"/>
      </bean>
      From the above config i expect the xxxProperties to be resolved in the Servlet Context as (init parameter ) and then use the value to load the file

===Stack Trace==
      org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanInitializati onException: Could not load properties; nested exception is java.io.FileNotFoundException: ${xxxProperties} (No such file or directory)
      Caused by:
      java.io.FileNotFoundException: ${xxxProperties} (No such file or directory)
      at java.io.FileInputStream.open(Native Method)
      at java.io.FileInputStream.<init>(FileInputStream.jav a:106)
      at java.io.FileInputStream.<init>(FileInputStream.jav a:66)
      at sun.net.http://www.protocol.file.FileURLConn...ection.java:69)
      at sun.net.http://www.protocol.file.FileURLConn...ction.java:156)
      at org.springframework.core.io.UrlResource.getInputSt ream(UrlResource.java:102)
      at org.springframework.core.io.support.PropertiesLoad erSupport.loadProperties(PropertiesLoaderSupport.j ava:179)
      at org.springframework.core.io.support.PropertiesLoad erSupport.mergeProperties(PropertiesLoaderSupport. java:158)
      at org.springframework.beans.factory.config.PropertyR esourceConfigurer.postProcessBeanFactory(PropertyR esourceConfigurer.java:69)
      at org.springframework.context.support.AbstractApplic ationContext.invokeBeanFactoryPostProcessors(Abstr actApplicationContext.java:416)
      at org.springframework.context.support.AbstractApplic ationContext.refresh(AbstractApplicationContext.ja va:330)
      at org.springframework.web.context.support.AbstractRe freshableWebApplicationContext.refresh(AbstractRef reshableWebApplicationContext.java:156)
      at org.springframework.web.context.ContextLoader.crea teWebApplicationContext(ContextLoader.java:246)
      at org.springframework.web.context.ContextLoader.init WebApplicationContext(ContextLoader.java:184)
      at org.springframework.web.context.ContextLoaderListe ner.contextInitialized(ContextLoaderListener.java: 49)
      at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.listenerS tart(StandardContext.java:3212)
      at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.start(Sta ndardContext.java:3554)
      at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.start(Conta inerBase.java:1141)
      at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHost.start(Standa rdHost.java:707)
      at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.start(Conta inerBase.java:1141)
      at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngine.start(Stan dardEngine.java:316)
      at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardService.start(Sta ndardService.java:450)
      at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardServer.start(Stan dardServer.java:2143)
      at org.apache.catalina.startup.Catalina.start(Catalin a.java:463)
      at org.apache.catalina.startup.Catalina.execute(Catal ina.java:350)
      at org.apache.catalina.startup.Catalina.process(Catal ina.java:129)
      at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Nativ e Method)
      at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Native MethodAccessorImpl.java:39)
      at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(De legatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)
      at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:324)
      at org.apache.catalina.startup.Bootstrap.main(Bootstr ap.java:156)

Comment

The problem i think is that ServletContext is not used to access the property i am after. Its defaulting to ApplicationContext. I dont understand is why the ServletContext is not setup?

If i just use the ${xxxProperties} then it should find this in the servletContext but it cant for some reaon

Comment

I think the problem here is that you are trying to replace a property in the PropertyPlaceholderConfigurer which is required when loading it. Therefore you are trying to replace a property on the bean using the bean. Wouldn't you need two PropertyPlaceholderConfigurer's? One to load the initial value and replace the location in the second.
          Last edited by karldmoore; Aug 29th, 2007, 11:54 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by karldmoore View Post
            I think the problem here is that you are trying to replace a property in the PropertyPlaceholderConfigurer which is required when loading it. Therefore you are trying to replace a property on the bean using the bean. Wouldn't you need two PropertyPlaceholderConfigurer's? One to load the initial value and replace the location in the second.
            Thanks for the idea.
            i will try that will see how it goes. Now when i think of it , it makes sense using tow PropertyConfigurer and it should work.
            What i will do is have a ServletContextPropertyConfigurer to load the properties i want from the ServletContext.

And Have another PropertyConfigurer to read the file using the name which just got loaded.

Thanks

Comment

You would need to set setIgnoreUnresolvablePlaceholders(true) however to prevent the first one falling over.
              http://www.springframework.org/docs/...lders(boolean)
              Last edited by karldmoore; Aug 29th, 2007, 11:53 AM.

Comment

Working...
              X