Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TaskExecutor - advantages

The Springs docs for TaskExecutor states:
    "Spring's abstraction helps bring thread pooling to Java 1.3 and 1.4 environments as well as hide implementation details between 1.3, 1.4, 5, and Java EE environments."
    What (if any) are the benefits of using TaskExecutor under Java 1.5 and outside an Application Server?
    Thanks

You can still strategise and parameterise the thread pooling and queuing in a nice way. Or choose to execute synchronously for test / debug purposes.

Comment

Originally posted by David Field View Post
      The Springs docs for TaskExecutor states:
      "Spring's abstraction helps bring thread pooling to Java 1.3 and 1.4 environments as well as hide implementation details between 1.3, 1.4, 5, and Java EE environments."
      What (if any) are the benefits of using TaskExecutor under Java 1.5 and outside an Application Server?
      Thanks
      If you are using java 5, I don't know if the TaskExecutor adds much. In a lot of cases I also need other stuff from the java.util.concurrent library, so I haven't found found a reason why I should use the Spring specific version.

Comment

Originally posted by david_syer View Post
        You can still strategise and parameterise the thread pooling and queuing in a nice way. Or choose to execute synchronously for test / debug purposes.
        This can also be done with the ThreadPoolExecutor, or inject a DirectExecutor for testing purposes.

Comment

Working...
        X