X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JDK1.3/Tomcat5/Spring Deployment Error

I've got a webapp I've been developing (and compile) on JDK1.4/Tomcat5/Spring.

When I deploy the war (or an exploded version of the war as a directory) onto the server I get this error:

Code:
    Exception sending context initialized event to listener instance of class org.springframework.web.context.ContextLoaderListener
    java.lang.AbstractMethodError: org/springframework/core/io/AbstractResource.getInputStream
    The server, unlike my build and dev environmen is running JDK1.3, not JDK1.4.

Is that the source of the problem? Are there some additional .jar files I need to run Spring under JDK1.3? Or is there a config switch I need to throw.

Or is the fact that I'm bulding under 1.4 but deploying to 1.3 the problem?

Thanks!

- Gary[/quote]

Gary,

What version of Spring are you using? Spring 1.1.2 has a few JDK 1.3 incompatibilities so if you are using that you should upgrade to 1.1.3 and try again

Rob

Comment

What version of Spring are you using? Spring 1.1.2 has a few JDK 1.3 incompatibilities so if you are using that you should upgrade to 1.1.3 and try again
      Ok, that helped, but it didn't fix it. I still get this error when I fire up Tomcat:

2004-12-20 14:51:27 StandardContext[/asmi]Error configuring application listener of class com.opensymphony.webwork.lifecycle.SessionLifecycl eListener
      java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: com.opensymphony.webwork.lifecycle.SessionLifecycl eListener
      at org.apache.catalina.loader.WebappClassLoader.loadC lass(WebappClassLoader.java:1340)
      at org.apache.catalina.loader.WebappClassLoader.loadC lass(WebappClassLoader.java:1189)
      at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.listenerS tart(StandardContext.java:3775)
      at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.start(Sta ndardContext.java:4343)
      at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.start(Conta inerBase.java:1083)
      at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHost.start(Standa rdHost.java:789)
      at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.start(Conta inerBase.java:1083)
      at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngine.start(Stan dardEngine.java:478)
      at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardService.start(Sta ndardService.java:480)
      at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardServer.start(Stan dardServer.java:2313)
      at org.apache.catalina.startup.Catalina.start(Catalin a.java:556)
      at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Native Method)
      at org.apache.catalina.startup.Bootstrap.start(Bootst rap.java:287)
      at org.apache.catalina.startup.Bootstrap.main(Bootstr ap.java:425)
      This is progress, IMO, as it seems to more clearly point to a problem I stand a chance of tracking down (a problem with the classloader finding classes).

Curiously, this happens for *all* listeners I'm trying to register, both the Spring listeners and the WebWork listeners.

Any help is appreciated. I'll got bang my head against this some more.

- Gary

P.S. All necessary .jars are in my WEB-INF/lib directory, I've double checked that.

Comment

This is progress, IMO, as it seems to more clearly point to a problem I stand a chance of tracking down (a problem with the classloader finding classes).
        Well, I was right, that was easier to fix. A stupid mistake with how I was deploying the .jars.

Now that the .jars are back to being deployed correctly again, I'm right back where I started with this error at startup:

Code:
        ContextLoader:initWebApplicationContext:  Context initialization failed
        java.lang.AbstractMethodError: org/springframework/core/io/AbstractResource.getInputStream
        	at org.springframework.beans.factory.xml.DefaultXmlBeanDefinitionParser.parseBeanDefinition(DefaultXmlBeanDefinitionParser.java:332)
        	at org.springframework.beans.factory.xml.DefaultXmlBeanDefinitionParser.parseBeanDefinition(DefaultXmlBeanDefinitionParser.java:261)
        	at org.springframework.beans.factory.xml.DefaultXmlBeanDefinitionParser.registerBeanDefinitions(DefaultXmlBeanDefinitionParser.java:184)
        	at org.springframework.beans.factory.xml.XmlBeanDefinitionReader.registerBeanDefinitions(XmlBeanDefinitionReader.java:173)
        	at org.springframework.beans.factory.xml.XmlBeanDefinitionReader.loadBeanDefinitions(XmlBeanDefinitionReader.java:131)
        	at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractBeanDefinitionReader.loadBeanDefinitions(AbstractBeanDefinitionReader.java:83)
        	at org.springframework.web.context.support.XmlWebApplicationContext.loadBeanDefinitions(XmlWebApplicationContext.java:114)
        	at org.springframework.web.context.support.XmlWebApplicationContext.loadBeanDefinitions(XmlWebApplicationContext.java:82)
        	at org.springframework.context.support.AbstractRefreshableApplicationContext.refreshBeanFactory(AbstractRefreshableApplicationContext.java:87)
        	at org.springframework.context.support.AbstractApplicationContext.refresh(AbstractApplicationContext.java:262)
        	at org.springframework.web.context.support.AbstractRefreshableWebApplicationContext.refresh(AbstractRefreshableWebApplicationContext.java:131)
        	at org.springframework.web.context.ContextLoader.createWebApplicationContext(ContextLoader.java:177)
        	at org.springframework.web.context.ContextLoader.initWebApplicationContext(ContextLoader.java:105)
        	at org.springframework.web.context.ContextLoaderListener.contextInitialized(ContextLoaderListener.java:48)
        	at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.listenerStart(StandardContext.java:3827)
        	at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.start(StandardContext.java:4343)
        	at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.start(ContainerBase.java:1083)
        	at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHost.start(StandardHost.java:789)
        	at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.start(ContainerBase.java:1083)
        	at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngine.start(StandardEngine.java:478)
        	at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardService.start(StandardService.java:480)
        	at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardServer.start(StandardServer.java:2313)
        	at org.apache.catalina.startup.Catalina.start(Catalina.java:556)
        	at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Native Method)
        	at org.apache.catalina.startup.Bootstrap.start(Bootstrap.java:287)
        	at org.apache.catalina.startup.Bootstrap.main(Bootstrap.java:425)
        This has me completely baffled. Any help is appreciated.

- Gary

Comment

I can see by the stack trace that you are still using Spring 1.1.2. DefaultXmlBeanDefinitionParser is not touching a resource on that line in 1.1.3, while it is in 1.1.2.

Please double check that you have upgraded to 1.1.3 both in your build, and also that you don't have a copy of 1.1.2 somehwere else on your server (i.e. a shared lib dir or something like that.

Comment

Working...
          X