Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.
Getting applicationContext from a jar throws a FileNotFoundException Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Getting applicationContext from a jar throws a FileNotFoundException

Hi,
    I am trying to use Spring 2.0 within SwiftMQ. For information, I developed a swiftlet (swiftMQ specific functionnality). A swiftlet is simply codes packaged in a jar.

My problem is that I can't get the applicationContext. I got a FileNotFoundException when trying to instanciate the ClassPathXmlApplicationContext.

Here is the code used to load the context:
    Code:
            URL applicationContextUrl = this.getClass().getClassLoader().getResource("applicationContext.xml");        
    //        ClassPathXmlApplicationContext springContext = new ClassPathXmlApplicationContext("applicationContext.xml");
            ClassPathXmlApplicationContext springContext = new ClassPathXmlApplicationContext(applicationContextUrl.getPath());
            service = (ServiceTraduction) springContext.getBean("serviceTraduction");
    (I also tried the code in comment)

Can someone help me please??

Does a property on the jar file would make Spring not found the file? The applicationContextUrl is not null.

Regards,
    Last edited by david.chau; Dec 18th, 2006, 08:33 AM. Reason: adding precision

What exactly does appCtxUrl.getPath() returns? And what is the stacktrace? Is there a problem with the file which is used to create an app context or while the appCtx is created, the exception is thrown by a code which is instantiated/executed?

Note that you can pass a Class object to indicate what Classloader should be used.

Comment

What exactly does appCtxUrl.getPath() returns?
      It returns that:
      file:/D:/Programs/swiftmq_6_2_1/scripts/win32/../../deploy/router1/xt$testSwiftlet/_deployed_1166450057296/xt$testSwiftlet.jar!/applicationContext.xml

And what is the stacktrace?
      com.swiftmq.swiftlet.SwiftletException: org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanDefinitionSt oreException: IOException parsing XML document from class path resource [applicationContext.xml]; nested exception is java.io.FileNotFoundException: class path resource [applicationContext.xml] cannot be opened because it does not exist, removing bundle.

Is there a problem with the file which is used to create an app context or while the appCtx is created, the exception is thrown by a code which is instantiated/executed?
      Here is my mapping file:
      Code:
      ?xml version="1.0" encoding="ISO-8859-1"?>
      <!DOCTYPE beans PUBLIC "-//SPRING//DTD BEAN 2.0//EN" "http://www.springframework.org/dtd/spring-beans-2.0.dtd">

<!-- Configuration Spring du composant de traduction message USG vers Pacage -->
      <beans>

<bean id="serviceTraduction" class="fr.gouv.agriculture.traducteur.ServiceTraduction" init-method="init" scope="prototype">
          <property name="fichierConfiguration">
              <value>configuration-traduction.xml</value>        
          </property>
        </bean>

<bean id="traducteur" class="fr.gouv.agriculture.traducteur.Traducteur">
          <constructor-arg>
              <ref local="serviceTraduction"/>
          </constructor-arg>
        </bean>

</beans>

Comment

Try passing your class to the constructor of the application context or use classpath* to make sure that all classpath roots are searched (please see the docs about the downsides of classpath*).

Comment

I did that :
          Code:
                  ClassPathXmlApplicationContext springContext = new ClassPathXmlApplicationContext("classpath*:applicationContext.xml", ServiceTraduction.class);
          and I have this stacktrace: org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanDefinitionSt oreException: IOException parsing XML document from class path resource [classpath*:applicationContext.xml]; nested exception is java.io.FileNotFoundException: class path resource[classpath*:applicationContext.xml] cannot be opened because it does not exist,removing bundle. Correct the error and deploy again!

Do you think swiftMQ make something that can makes the initialisation failed?

Comment

for kicks, what happens if you put it into a sub-directory in your JAR, then reference it as "classpath*:/foo/your_config.xml"

Comment

It does not change anything.

Comment

I'm not sure what swiftMQ does at startup but it seems that your classpath is not that obvious. I would suggest (as I do in most of this cases) to do a simple class which calls getClass().getClassLoader().getResource/getResources() and use various resources which should be available on the classpath. use also / to understand what is the root for it.
                Play with it - it should provide enough information to understand what resources are accessible and which ones are not.

Comment

Apparently, I have a similar problem when I try to load a property file.

Comment

Muh

Now i have exactly the same problem... i have

Code:
                    		String realPath = evt.getServletContext().getRealPath("WEB-INF/SpringDispatcher-servlet.xml");

ApplicationContext ctx = new ClassPathXmlApplicationContext(realPath, ContextListener.class);
                    and in realPath i have C:/Dokumente und Einstellungen/Nico/workspace/sf/WEB-INF/SpringDispatcher-servlet.xml

and if i make start -> run in windows and copy exactly this in, the file opens...
                    Why is it so hard to put the simple path in???
                    Last edited by Dosihris; Dec 26th, 2006, 05:35 PM.

Comment

Doesn't this work?
                      Code:
                      ApplicationContext ctx = new ClassPathXmlApplicationContext("SpringDispatcher-servlet.xml");

Comment

hey kaldi

you again... cool...

No, unfortunately not... i get this exception

2006-12-26 23:50:49,453 [main] DEBUG org.apache.catalina.loader.WebappClassLoader - --> Resource not found, returning null
                        2006-12-26 23:50:52,906 [main] ERROR org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.[Catalina].[localhost].[/sf] - Exception sending context initialized event to listener instance of class de.hosp.sf.config.ContextListener
                        org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanDefinitionSt oreException: IOException parsing XML document from class path resource [SpringDispatcher-servlet.xml]; nested exception is java.io.FileNotFoundException: class path resource [SpringDispatcher-servlet.xml] cannot be opened because it does not exist
                        Caused by:
                        java.io.FileNotFoundException: class path resource [SpringDispatcher-servlet.xml] cannot be opened because it does not exist
                        at org.springframework.core.io.ClassPathResource.getI nputStream(ClassPathResource.java:137)
                        at org.springframework.beans.factory.xml.XmlBeanDefin itionReader.loadBeanDefinitions(XmlBeanDefinitionR eader.java:351)
                        at org.springframework.beans.factory.xml.XmlBeanDefin itionReader.loadBeanDefinitions(XmlBeanDefinitionR eader.java:334)
                        at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.Abstract BeanDefinitionReader.loadBeanDefinitions(AbstractB eanDefinitionReader.java:126)
                        at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.Abstract BeanDefinitionReader.loadBeanDefinitions(AbstractB eanDefinitionReader.java:142)
                        at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.Abstract BeanDefinitionReader.loadBeanDefinitions(AbstractB eanDefinitionReader.java:168)
                        at org.springframework.context.support.AbstractXmlApp licationContext.loadBeanDefinitions(AbstractXmlApp licationContext.java:113)
                        at org.springframework.context.support.AbstractXmlApp licationContext.loadBeanDefinitions(AbstractXmlApp licationContext.java:79)
                        at org.springframework.context.support.AbstractRefres hableApplicationContext.refreshBeanFactory(Abstrac tRefreshableApplicationContext.java:94)
                        at org.springframework.context.support.AbstractApplic ationContext.refresh(AbstractApplicationContext.ja va:292)
                        at org.springframework.context.support.ClassPathXmlAp plicationContext.<init>(ClassPathXmlApplicationCon text.java:92)
                        at org.springframework.context.support.ClassPathXmlAp plicationContext.<init>(ClassPathXmlApplicationCon text.java:77)
                        at org.springframework.context.support.ClassPathXmlAp plicationContext.<init>(ClassPathXmlApplicationCon text.java:68)
                        at de.hosp.sf.config.ContextListener.contextInitializ ed(ContextListener.java:29)
                        at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.listenerS tart(StandardContext.java:3763)
                        at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.start(Sta ndardContext.java:4211)
                        at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.start(Conta inerBase.java:1013)
                        at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHost.start(Standa rdHost.java:718)
                        at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.start(Conta inerBase.java:1013)
                        at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngine.start(Stan dardEngine.java:442)
                        at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardService.start(Sta ndardService.java:450)
                        at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardServer.start(Stan dardServer.java:709)
                        at org.apache.catalina.startup.Catalina.start(Catalin a.java:551)
                        at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Nativ e Method)
                        at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Unknow n Source)
                        at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Un known Source)
                        at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Unknown Source)
                        at org.apache.catalina.startup.Bootstrap.start(Bootst rap.java:294)
                        at org.apache.catalina.startup.Bootstrap.main(Bootstr ap.java:432)

Comment

OK, take a step back. What is it your trying to do? Load a Spring applicationContext when the web server starts?

Comment

correct. i read the document you posted me and there they have an example

Code:
                            public final class Boot {

public static void main(final String[] args) throws Exception {
                                    ApplicationContext ctx = new ClassPathXmlApplicationContext("context.xml", Boot.class);
                                    FooService fooService = (FooService) ctx.getBean("fooService");
                                    fooService.insertFoo (new Foo());
                                }
                            }
                            Thats there example. And i need an ApplicationContext too, if i understood it right. so i tried to build it same as they did. And when i start the WebServer, i get this exception.

I cant explain it to me.. Maybe.. something is different, i'll tell you, maybe its the reason.

I have build a contextListenerObject (actually a friend of mine did, cause i have no idea what to do). public class ContextListener implements ServletContextListener

In this class i load in the function public void contextInitialized(ServletContextEvent evt) my ApplicationContext. Is there a special class or place or time where i have to do this?

Comment

If you just want to ensure the applicationContext is initialized by the web server you can simply use the ContextLoaderListener. If you have a look at the petclinic example that ships with Spring, the web.xml has comments to explain how this all works.

http://www.springframework.org/docs/...rListener.html

Comment

Working...
                              X