X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do I use velocity support

I am trying to use velocity support in spring in a standalone app. I have defined the velocity engine bean using
    Code:
    	<bean id="velocity2" class="org.springframework.ui.velocity.VelocityEngineFactoryBean">
        	<property name="velocityProperties">
            	<props>
                	<prop key="resource.loader">file</prop>
                	<prop key="file.resource.loader.class">org.apache.velocity.runtime.resource.loader.FileResourceLoader</prop>
                 	<prop key="file.resource.loader.path">/var/www/</prop>
            	</props>
        	</property>
    	</bean>
    When I try using it with a template at /var/www/website/index.html I get the following exception

Code:
    Caused by&#58; org.apache.velocity.exception.ResourceNotFoundException&#58; Unable to find resource '/var/www/website/index.html'
    	at org.apache.velocity.runtime.resource.ResourceManagerImpl.loadResource&#40;ResourceManagerImpl.java&#58;458&#41;
    	at org.apache.velocity.runtime.resource.ResourceManagerImpl.getResource&#40;ResourceManagerImpl.java&#58;341&#41;
    	at org.apache.velocity.runtime.RuntimeInstance.getTemplate&#40;RuntimeInstance.java&#58;831&#41;
    	at org.apache.velocity.app.VelocityEngine.mergeTemplate&#40;VelocityEngine.java&#58;440&#41;
    	at org.apache.velocity.app.VelocityEngine.mergeTemplate&#40;VelocityEngine.java&#58;419&#41;
    	at org.springframework.ui.velocity.VelocityEngineUtils.mergeTemplate&#40;VelocityEngineUtils.java&#58;55&#41;
    	at org.springframework.ui.velocity.VelocityEngineUtils.mergeTemplateIntoString&#40;VelocityEngineUtils.java&#58;117&#41;
    Am I using it correctly?

thank you

Caused by: org.apache.velocity.exception.ResourceNotFoundExce ption: Unable to find resource '/var/www/website/index.html'
    did you check index.html exists in the file system and you have permissions to access it. Also, can you show the code you use to process this template?

Comment

Ok, I got it to work. Basically for anyone else who has trouble with this the file.resource.loader.path must be set to empty for velocity to use absolute file names. So you actually need the line

<prop key="file.resource.loader.path"></prop>

Hope this helps someone

Comment

Working...
      X