Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone using Habitat4j for Spring configuration?

I search for this to no avail. Actually, the combination of "Spring" and "Habitat4j" returns only 1 hit from Google...that never happens.

Perhaps not too many people use Habitat4j? See http://www.productivity.org/projects/habitat4j.

I am new to it, but it actually seesms to be a pretty useful tool. In a nutshell, it is an application configuration manager that allows you to package the configurations for mutliple deployment environments (eg dev, test, prod) into a single deployment (eg a WAR or JAR file) and then let the app pick the right set at startup time. No more separate builds for each environment!

Seems like it should be pretty trivial to build an extension of the PropertyPlaceholderConfigurer to use the Habitat4j property values instead of the regular property values it looks up and replaces in your Spring context.xml files.

Since no-one else seems to have done this, I am going to take a crack at it. It anyone has an opinion on a better way to integrate Habitat4j into Spring, please let me know!

Regards
    Drew

Hi,
    we are using habitat4j at work too. Have you been able to extend the PropertyPlaceholderConfigurer? If so how did you do it. Can you share the code?

Thanks,

Emmanuel

Comment

Working...
    X