Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• spring 2.0 test: how to override getAutowireMode?

With Spring 2.0, it is no longer possible to override AbstractDependencyInjectionSpringContextTests.getA utowireMode().

With Spring 1.x I was setting mode to AUTOWIRE_BY_NAME.

With Spring 2.0 I have tried setting autowire="byName" on the <bean/> definitions, but I keep getting an error indicing that the classpath has more than one implementation of a type and I need to autowire by name.

Code:
    org.springframework.beans.factory.UnsatisfiedDependencyException: Error creating bean with name 'com.bull.test.TestServiceTest': Unsatisfied dependency expressed through bean property 'companyService': There are 2 beans of type [interface com.bull.test.company.service.CompanyService] for autowire by type. There should have been exactly 1 to be able to autowire property 'companyService' of bean 'com.bull.test.TestServiceTest'. Consider using autowire by name instead.
    	at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.autowireByType(AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.java:803)
    	at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.populateBean(AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.java:709)
    	at org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.autowireBeanProperties(AbstractAutowireCapableBeanFactory.java:266)
    	at org.springframework.test.AbstractDependencyInjectionSpringContextTests.injectDependencies(AbstractDependencyInjectionSpringContextTests.java:179)
    	at org.springframework.test.AbstractDependencyInjectionSpringContextTests.prepareTestInstance(AbstractDependencyInjectionSpringContextTests.java:158)
    	at com.bull.test.BsoaIdeClientTests.prepareTestInstance(BsoaIdeClientTests.java:92)
    	at org.springframework.test.AbstractSingleSpringContextTests.setUp(AbstractSingleSpringContextTests.java:76)
    	at junit.framework.TestCase.runBare(TestCase.java:125)
    	at org.springframework.test.ConditionalTestCase.runBare(ConditionalTestCase.java:69)
    	at junit.framework.TestResult$1.protect(TestResult.java:106)
    	at junit.framework.TestResult.runProtected(TestResult.java:124)
    	at junit.framework.TestResult.run(TestResult.java:109)
    	at junit.framework.TestCase.run(TestCase.java:118)
    	at junit.framework.TestSuite.runTest(TestSuite.java:208)
    	at junit.framework.TestSuite.run(TestSuite.java:203)
    	at org.eclipse.jdt.internal.junit.runner.junit3.JUnit3TestReference.run(JUnit3TestReference.java:128)
    	at org.eclipse.jdt.internal.junit.runner.TestExecution.run(TestExecution.java:38)
    	at org.eclipse.jdt.internal.junit.runner.RemoteTestRunner.runTests(RemoteTestRunner.java:460)
    	at org.eclipse.jdt.internal.junit.runner.RemoteTestRunner.runTests(RemoteTestRunner.java:673)
    	at org.eclipse.jdt.internal.junit.runner.RemoteTestRunner.run(RemoteTestRunner.java:386)
    	at org.eclipse.jdt.internal.junit.runner.RemoteTestRunner.main(RemoteTestRunner.java:196)
    Now in spring 2.0, getAutowireMode is final. The javadocs indicate it is now set by injection, but I cannot find anything that indicates I need to use something other than the autowire attribute of <bean/>.

Can someone point me to docs describing how to configure autowire mode for JUnit tests?

Code:
    	/**
    	 * Set the autowire mode for test properties set by Dependency Injection.
    	 * <p>The default is "AUTOWIRE_BY_TYPE". Can be set to "AUTOWIRE_BY_NAME"
    	 * or "AUTOWIRE_NO" instead.
    	 * @see #AUTOWIRE_BY_TYPE
    	 * @see #AUTOWIRE_BY_NAME
    	 * @see #AUTOWIRE_NO
    	 */
    	public final void setAutowireMode(int autowireMode) {
    		this.autowireMode = autowireMode;
    	}

/**
    	 * Return the autowire mode for test properties set by Dependency Injection.
    	 */
    	public final int getAutowireMode() {
    		return autowireMode;
    	}
    Thanks, Michael Giroux

You can set the autowire mode when the test is constructed -
    public MyTest()
    {
    setAutowireMode(AUTOWIRE_BY_NAME);
    }

Comment

Thank You

Thanks for the help. I'm on to Spring 2.0.

Michael

Comment

This is fine if you extend AbstractDependencyInjectionSpringContextTests that works for JUnit 3.8.

What is the equivalent if you use a JUnit 4.4 @RunWith(SpringJUnit4ClassRunner.class) ?

Comment

Did you ever figure this out? I have the same issue...

Comment

Working...
          X