X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dynamic Classloading

I have a rather odd scenario I'm working with, and have run into a problem with classloading.

I am using RMI classpath annotation and java.rmi.MarshalledObject to deliver some objects to a client program. The client does NOT have the spring libraries on their classpath, so the annotated classpath includes a network location with the .jars. The Spring jars are getting downloaded just fine, and I am able to create the BeanFactory at the client.

The problem starts when I attempt to use Spring Remoting. When I attempt to get the RmiProxyFactoryBean in the client, I get a ClassNotFoundException on org.springframework.remoting.rmi.RmiProxyFactoryBe an.

I know that spring-context.jar has been loaded (I can see it downloading from the webserver) My guess is that the BeanFactory starts its own Classloader and doesn't have visibility to classes on the classpath that the RMI Annotated classpath provided? Can anyone shed some light on this?

Thanks,
    -mug

Spring does absolutely no classloader manipulation of its own at this time. It will just use the classloader in which it is running...

Comment

Working...
    X