X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• (Reloadable)ResourceBundleMessageSource - default Locale

How can I tell Spring to use a specific (default) Locale during start-up of the app other than the OS' locale?

I want the app to use en_US when it is started but when the user selects another Locale from a dropdown list this Locale shall be set for all further pages until another language/locale will be chosen.

Should I use ResourceBundleMessageSource or ReloadableResourceBundleMessagesource?

The properties file/ResourceBundles are located in package com.xxx.support.

In my ApplicationContext I have defined these beans:

- localeChangeInterceptor (referenced in the mappings bean in action-servlet.xml)
    - messageSource
    - viewResolver (is thi sneccessary?)
    - localeResolver (is this neccessary?)

Thank you,
    Dirk

Hey Dirk,

Believe it or not, but it seems Spring MVC needs to need a little change in its LocaleResolver implementation to support this.

http://opensource.atlassian.com/proj...rowse/SPR-2382

Are you using Spring 2.0?

Comment

Originally posted by devijvers
      Hey Dirk,

Believe it or not, but it seems Spring MVC needs to need a little change in its LocaleResolver implementation to support this.

http://opensource.atlassian.com/proj...rowse/SPR-2382

Are you using Spring 2.0?
      No, it's Spring 1.2.8

Comment

I will add a "defaultLocale" property to both CookieLocaleResolver and SessionLocaleResolver, used as fallback if specified (instead of the request's accept-header locale). This will be released in 2.0 RC3 and 1.2.9.

For the time being, consider implementing your own LocaleResolver (potentially deriving from one of the pre-built LocaleResolver impls). After all, LocaleResolver is explicitly designed as strategy interface that allows for custom implementations.

Juergen

Comment

Implementing my own LocaleResolver

Originally posted by Juergen Hoeller
          I will add a "defaultLocale" property to both CookieLocaleResolver and SessionLocaleResolver, used as fallback if specified (instead of the request's accept-header locale). This will be released in 2.0 RC3 and 1.2.9.

For the time being, consider implementing your own LocaleResolver (potentially deriving from one of the pre-built LocaleResolver impls). After all, LocaleResolver is explicitly designed as strategy interface that allows for custom implementations.

Juergen
          Well, I have already tried to do so but where do I have to tell Spring (or the LocaleResolver) that there is another property definded in the ApplicationContext(.xml) to consider? Where do I get the default-locale from when implementing SessionLocaleResolver.resolveLocale(HttpServletReq uest)?

Thank you,
          Dirk

Comment

Working...
          X