X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Setter injection and map keys

I ran into a a dependency problem in a Spring 1.2.7 application whereby one object is created via setter injection. Lets call this object1. The hashCode method for object1 uses a value injected via Spring.

Elsewhere in my Spring context definition, I have injected a map into another object, where one of the keys of this map is a key-ref to object1.

Using that injected map, containsKey(object1) == false. Using a debugger, I determined the reason for this is that the hashCode of the object in the map is based on object1.hashCode() *before* Spring called the object1 setter. Adding depends-on to the bean containing the map has no effect.

Unfortunately, I am unable to (so far) replicate this in a simple test case -- but it occurs consistently in my application. What are the possible reasons the dependencies are not being handled in my app?

Cheers,
    Raman Gupta

Circular references

Based on the debug logs, I can see this has something to do with delayed initialization due to circular references. For some reason though, I am still unable to replicate this in a simple test case...

Are their any work-arounds other than using contructor injection for the property that needs to be initialized up-front? Why wouldn't Spring initialize the object with as much state as possible, despite the circular references (the property in question is just a String)?

Cheers,
    Raman

Comment

Working...
    X