I'm getting a ClassCastException when running the following code:

Code:
    Resource    res = new FileSystemResource("flightAvailabilityTest.xml");
    BeanFactory factory = new XmlBeanFactory(res);

//Get the requests container
    FlightAvailabilityRequestsHolder requestsHolder = null;

try
    {
             requestsHolder = (FlightAvailabilityRequestsHolder) factory.getBean("flightAvailability");
    }
    catch(ClassCastException cce)
    {
             LOG.error("ClassCastException casting to FlightAvailabilityRequestsHolder.\n" +
                   "Class found was:    " + factory.getBean("flightAvailability").getClass().getName() + "\n" +
                  "Class expected was: " + FlightAvailabilityRequestsHolder.class.getName());
    }
    14:33:18,508 XmlBeanFactory DEBUG - Returning cached instance of singleton bean 'flightAvailability'
    14:33:18,509 FlightAvailabilityTestCase ERROR - ClassCastException casting to FlightAvailabilityRequestsHolder.
    Class found was: com.mycorp.test.FlightAvailabilityRequestsHolder
    Class expected was: com.mycorp.test.FlightAvailabilityRequestsHolder

Notice that these are the same!

If I run this as a stand alone application, all works just fine, but when I put it inside another Spring based app (a framework that I'm trying to incorporate into) I get this problem.

Is there some issue with having multiple BeanFactory classes maybe?

Note that I don't have easy access to th current BeanFactory and it is set up to load a specific application context file and I need to add my own file apart from it, and that is why I went this route.

Any help is greatly appreciated!

This sounds like a classloading issue. The same class seems to be loaded by different classloaders, resulting in the exception you see.

As for accessing the BeanFactory from multiple locations: Maybe you could access the BeanFactory where it is possible and store it in a well known place (e.g. a static variable if possible). From there you might access it later.

Regards,
    Andreas

Comment

Are the classes loaded in the same classloader? If not then you will also get a ClassCastException.

Comment

I'm fairly sure that the framework has a custom class class loader.

Comment

Working...
        X