X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problem with Geronimo 1.1 and Spring

I am in the process of moving two applications to Geronimo 1.1.

I have split the applications into a CAR module that holds the DAO and object model classes, along with the WAR file holding the web classes and Spring context initialization code. Spring gets initialized using a ContextLoaderListener.

The problem I am seeing is that one of the applications extends Spring's JdbcDaoSupport class and performs initialization by overriding the initDao() method. Oddly the initDao() method of this app never gets called when my classes are separated into a CAR module, but if I leave the DAO and object model classes in the WAR, along with all the dependencies, it gets called fine.

Other properties of the classes are set OK, when operating as a CAR, it is just the initDao() method that fails to be called. If I force a call to initDao() from one of the setters of a property, than the problem disappears, but this should not be required.

Background:
    I have Spring 1.2.8 in the common-libs. Both the CAR module and WAR file register a dependency on Spring. I do not have Spring in the filtered classes for Geronimo 1.1 as I was under the impression that it is no longer required, and it works fine when using a monolithic WAR with everything (including Spring) packaged in the WAR file.

I have posed this question to the Geronimo list, but thought that the Spring forum may yield better results.

Has anyone ran into a similar problem?

Dennis
Working...
X