X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• selective autowiring

I want only certain beans to be injected into other beans using autowiring by type.

With the "autowire" attribute, you can control whether or not a bean's properties are autowired, but I would rather turn on auto-wire globally but limit which beans can be automatically injected. Will this be possible in Spring 2.0? (And if I'm missing something, is it already possible in 1.0?)

Use the default-autowire="byType" for the beans element and autowire="no" for individual bean elements you don't want to autowire.

Comment

Originally posted by dejanp
      Use the default-autowire="byType" for the beans element and autowire="no" for individual bean elements you don't want to autowire.
      I think you misread my post.
      I don't want to specify that a bean's dependencies should be injected. That is definitely possible in spring 1.0

I want to specify that only some specific beans should be injected into other beans via autowiring. (That is marking a bean as "injectable" or something like that)

Comment

You are right, sorry. I think what you need is autowire-candidate="false", available in Spring 2.

Comment

Originally posted by dejanp
          You are right, sorry. I think what you need is autowire-candidate="false", available in Spring 2.
          Thanks. That sounds exactly what I was looking for.
          Do you happen to know if there's a "default-autowire-candiate" option for beans available as well?

Comment

To answer my own question: No, there isn't such a default. (At least not in the rc2 DTD).

Comment

Working...
            X