X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• French version for Spring Framework Doc

I just starting a project for french Spring Framework reference documentation. And I often need some help.

I work on the Spring 2.0 release. Since the current release is the RC4, I know that some changes will occur on the doc sources. But I will always keep the transalation up to date.
    I start this thread because I not able to understand the meaning of some explanations. It not a translation issue, but a meaning issue.
    For exemple currently, I dont understand the following sentence:

paragraph : 3.3.1.2. Constructor Injection
    In the second box on the right intitled: Circular dependencies
    the last sentence:

"Another solution is to totally forego the use of constructor injection."

I understand that the constructor injection must come before. But this is not a comprehensive sentence. Perhaps the meaning should be
    "Another solution is to not use the constructor injection".

Since constructor injection can lead to circular dependency, I don't understand how the fact of forego (do before) can solve the problem.

Thank you for your help.

Also the thread is not a the right place. If so I will change location if necessary.

Also it my first post this forum. But not last

Hi bugrider

Darn! I wrote that oh-so-purple sentence, and while it makes perfect sense to me, I daresay it is less than clear.

In the context of that sentence, to 'forego' means to 'forget about', 'not use', 'dispense with the use of', 'stop using', 'abstain from', etc. Not to go before

I feel suitably chastened. I'll go change the reference documentation to use the sentence you have suggested, which is on the face of it, probably clearer. (It also doesn't contain a split infinitive.)

If you catch me using any other flowery language, feel free to post on the JIRA site or this forum. You could also email me direct at [email protected] so that this forum doesn't get spammed

Cheers
    Rick
    Last edited by Rick Evans; Jul 14th, 2006, 11:30 AM.

Comment

Thank for your explanation.
      Also Il will use the email for the others requests about the doc.

Comment

Working...
      X