Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best practices on library organization? Which ones do i need?

Once again its me...

The question derives a little from my last topic:

How can i find out which libraries i need, if i only want to use parts of spring? E.g. complete Spring with Web libraries, HIbernate, Testing facilities. - no AOP, no Remoting. Is there some documentation of that kind?

Regards,
    Ollie

I usually start with an empty WEB-INF/lib and keep adding libraries until no more ClassNotFoundException pops up.

Comment

I believe there is a info in the spring documentation, or even in the readme in the downloadable spring.zip.

Comment

Download the spring with dependencies.zip. Unpack it, check the enclosed readme and it will state what jars and what dependencies there are. You should now be able to figure it out.

If something is missing, not working use the approach manifoldronin mentioned .

Comment

thanks, that seems to be what i needed. i didn't scroll the readme that much down

Regards
          Ollie

Comment

Be careful though...

Originally posted by manifoldronin
            I usually start with an empty WEB-INF/lib and keep adding libraries until no more ClassNotFoundException pops up.
            You might only have been kidding here, but anyone considering taking your light-hearted comment at face value should be aware that "no compiler errors" doesn't mean "no program errors".

For example, see point (1) of this post:

http://forum.springframework.org/showthread.php?t=24993

Comment

Working...
            X