X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JUnit setup issue

Hi all, I'm sure there are developers who are using eclipse to run JUnit test. My problem is though I've "naming-factory-dbcp.jar" path defined in the class path (I think so) but the classloader can't find it. My unit test cases are extended from AbstractDependencyInjectionSpringContextTests.
    Here is the error I get:
    org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanDefinitionSt oreException: Error registering bean with name 'dataSource' defined in class path resource [applicationContext.xml]: Bean class [org.apache.commons.dbcp.BasicDataSource] not found; nested exception is java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: org.apache.commons.dbcp.BasicDataSource

I'm using eclipse 3.2 with tomcat 5.5 and Tomcat 5.5 runtime defined in the "java build path". I also tried adding the tomcat folder explicitly in the java build path (using add class folder/create new folder and then map tomcat lib with the new folder) but still the classloader fails to load the class. I can resolve the problem by coping the jar but I hate the duplicating(you know why). What're the best practices to run spring JUnit tests under eclipse with respect to setting the libraries ?

thanks in advance
    Susanta

As BasicDataSource is part of the commons-dbcp project and is built on using pooling functionality provided by the commons-pool project you'll have to add two jars:
    • commons-dbcp.jar
    • commons-pool.jar

http://jakarta.apache.org/commons/dbcp/

greets

Comment

Just an Eclipse question?

Originally posted by sdatta
      What're the best practices to run spring JUnit tests under eclipse with respect to setting the libraries ?
      JUnit (when run via Eclipse) automatically uses any libraries that are in your Eclipse project's build path. So this isn't a Spring or even a JUnit question; it's more a case of "What're the best practices for eclipse with respect to setting my project's build path?". In which case my answer would be "use Maven"!

HTH,

Comment

Or you can use c3p0 which from my experience performs better, is actively maintained and has more configuration options.

Comment

Working...
        X