X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IntelliJ IDEA 5.5 and Spring XSD

What is the trick to make IDEA recognize the new XSD based spring configuration? I have added the spring-beans.xsd to IDEA's 'Resources' setting but the XML editor still complains about every tag, including the first <beans>.

Has anyone gotten this to work?

S.

Hi Stefan

Try this...

http://static.springframework.org/sp...fig-setup-idea

Cheers
    Rick

Comment

Originally posted by Rick Evans
      Hmpf. Why didn't I look there first :-/

Thanks!

S.

Comment

Still Does not work

I have fetched all external resources and it still doesn't work. I have used Intellij's xml editor with dozens of different xsd's. This is the first one that doesn't work. Any suggestions?

Comment

Hi StokeMasterJack (good name!)

How... annoying, how very un-Heineken.

How about extracting the various XSD's that you require from the spring.jar file and explicitly pointing IDEA at the unpacked XSDs? That works for me since I have the various XSDs sitting on the filesystem in my working copy of the Spring source code.

Cheers
          Rick

Comment

Originally posted by StokeMasterJack
            I have fetched all external resources and it still doesn't work. I have used Intellij's xml editor with dozens of different xsd's. This is the first one that doesn't work. Any suggestions?
            Well I had the same problem. I ended up clearing IDEA's caches and reformtting the XML a bit. Not sure what did the trick but it does recognize the xsd now.

Weird IDEA behaviour I think. I want to submit a bug report to them but it is all rather vague.

S.

Comment

Working...
            X