Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ref local does not preserve local bean definitions ?

Hi all,

i've an questing concerning application context definitions.

Suggest the following project setup.

Bean1: test1.MyBean
    Bean2: test2.MyBean
    Bean3: test3.UserA
    Bean4: test3.UserB

There are two bean factory definitions (as xml)
    context-a.xml:
    Code:
    <bean id="MyBean" class="test1.MyBean"/>

<bean id="UserA" class="test3.UserA">
    	<property name="bean">
    		<ref local="MyBean"/>
    	</property>
    </bean>
    context-b.xml
    Code:
    <bean id="MyBean" class="test2.MyBean"/>

<bean id="UserB" class="test3.UserB">
    	<property name="bean">
    		<ref local="MyBean"/>
    	</property>
    </bean>
    The ApplicationContext is loaded using the following code:
    Code:
    this.applicationContext = new ClassPathXmlApplicationContext(
    	new String[]{
    		"context-a.xml",
    		"context-b.xml"
    	}
    );
    On context initialization spring gives me the following exception:
    Code:
    Exception in thread "main" org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException: Error creating bean with name 'UserA' defined in class path resource [context-a.xml]: Error setting property values; nested exception is org.springframework.beans.PropertyAccessExceptionsException: PropertyAccessExceptionsException (1 errors); nested propertyAccessExceptions are: [org.springframework.beans.TypeMismatchException: Failed to convert property value of type [test2.MyBean] to required type [test1.MyBean] for property 'bean']
    PropertyAccessExceptionsException (1 errors)
    org.springframework.beans.TypeMismatchException: Failed to convert property value of type [test2.MyBean] to required type [test1.MyBean] for property 'bean'
    Enabling the debug logging is could see:
    Code:
    INFO  org.springframework.beans.factory.support.DefaultListableBeanFactory - Overriding bean definition for bean 'MyBean': replacing [Root bean: class [test1.MyBean]; abstract=false; singleton=true; lazyInit=false; autowire=0; dependencyCheck=0; factoryBeanName=null; factoryMethodName=null; initMethodName=null; destroyMethodName=null; defined in class path resource [context-a.xml]] with [Root bean: class [test2.MyBean]; abstract=false; singleton=true; lazyInit=false; autowire=0; dependencyCheck=0; factoryBeanName=null; factoryMethodName=null; initMethodName=null; destroyMethodName=null; defined in class path resource [context-b.xml]]
    My question is, why the 'ref local' definition does not use the local bean definition per context.
    Is there a way (beside just renaming the booth MyBean-definitions to unique names) to force the BeanFactory to use the local bean references ?

Greets and Thanx for your suggestions
    Sebastian Wiemer
    Last edited by snwiem; Jun 21st, 2006, 04:04 AM.

I also encountered this behavior before. The point is, that ref-local just ensures on xml level that the referenced entity exists, while a normal ref could fail only on a real access at runtime.
    When overriding a referenced entity it is still existing, so the contract of ref-local still holds. ref-local was (afaik) never intended to prevent overriding.

As for preventing overriding in general, see the "allowBeanDefinitionOverriding" property of DefaultListableBeanFactory.

Regards,
    Andreas

Comment

The 'allowBeanDefinitionOverriding' on DefaultListableBeanFactory works
      as expected.

Unforunately i'm using spring witin a web container loading the bean definition files using the ContextLoaderListener.

I couldn't find a solution to set the allowBeanDefinitionOverwriting having a look in the documentation, source code and dtd definition.

So is it true, that i have to implement my own XmlWebApplicationContext class and configure it withing the ContextLoader.properties file in spring.jar ?!?

Would be nice to see any other solutions.

greets
      Sebastian Wiemer

Comment

At least I do not know about an alternative solution to the one you already came up with (using a subclass).

Regards,
        Andreas

Comment

Working...
        X