Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Configuration Paceholders and ApplicationContext

Hi,

I'm trying to replace a placeholder in my xml spring configuration file. In the manual I read about PropertyPlaceholderConfigurer but allways with XMLBeanFactory. Documention says that should use ApplicationContext in a J2EE environment so I tried the following:

Code:
    ClassPathXmlApplicationContext appctx = new ClassPathXmlApplicationContext("springconfig.xml");
    PropertyPlaceholderConfigurer cfg = new PropertyPlaceholderConfigurer();
    Properties p = new Properties();
    p.setProperty("jdbc.tnsname", "SOMENAME");
    cfg.setProperties(p);
    cfg.postProcessBeanFactory(appctx.getBeanFactory());
    appctx.refresh();
    Relevant part in springconfig.xml locks like

Code:
    <bean id="DS_GASX" class="org.apache.commons.dbcp.BasicDataSource" destroy-method="close">
        <property name="driverClassName" value="oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleDriver" />
        <property name="url" value="jdbc:oracle:oci8:@${jdbc.tnsname}" />
        <property name="username" value="ABC" />
        <property name="password" value="XYZ" />
    </bean>
    <bean id="SF_HIBERNATE" class="org.springframework.orm.hibernate3.LocalSessionFactoryBean">
        <property name="dataSource" ref="DS_GASX" />
    After
    Code:
    ClassPathXmlApplicationContext appctx = new ClassPathXmlApplicationContext("springconfig.xml");
    Spring is trying to initialize Hibernate. A JDBC Exception is throws because the placeholder is still there and there is no TNS entry with this name.

After
    Code:
    cfg.postProcessBeanFactory(appctx.getBeanFactory());
    I see some output in the logs saying "Resolved placeholder 'jdbc.tnsname' to value [SOMENAME]". After appctx.refresh() the initialization of hibernate still fails with the same JDBC TNS error. I tried it with appctx.refresh() and without. Everytime the same. I debugged a little in LocalDataSourceConnectionProvider and saw that the URL in the Connection still has the placeholder.

What is wrong? Is there an other way to do this? I can't use PropertyOverrideConfigurer because I dont have the needed propertie value there.

Tanks in advance.
    Alex
Working...
X