Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IDE conf files for Spring Framework

Hi everybody!

Sorry for posting this question to the Core forum, but I couldn't find any special place where this question would fit.
    I was looking for the IDE specific conf files used by the developers with their IDEs (mainly Eclipse and IDEA). I have found something in CVS (http://springframework.cvs.sourcefor...mework/spring/) but these are looking pretty old (for example no AJ). I am mainly asking for these, because after the work on 2.0 started I haven't been able to set a correct project description in Eclipse so that everything is compiled/built correctly.
    I would appreciate very much if the developers/advanced users could share with me their IDE specific configuration files (.project + .classpath for Eclipse, .iml for IDEA).

many thanks in advance,

./alex
    --
    :Architect of InfoQ.com:
    .w( the_mindstorm )p.

I was thinking that somebody will share these conf files with others (or at least update those on CVS), but it looks like I was completely wrong.

./alex
    --
    .w( the_mindstorm )p.

Comment

In my workspace I have Spring project checked out as a regular java project, and I *do not* have the aspectj folder marked as a source folder. Then I have a second project, spring-aspectj, which is an AspectJ project. This project depends on the main Spring project, and uses linked source folders pointing to aspectj/src and aspectj/test under the Spring project. I've been working like this for about 5 months now and it seems to work pretty well.

(This is in Eclipse of course). My setup may differ to that of other Spring developers using Eclipse. I make a few other changes to the settings from the checked in .project file (such as directing eclipse output to a different folder than the ant builds, which I find confuses both eclipse and ant a lot less). Once the 2.0 releases are out of the way, I'll look into checking these files in.

Comment

Working...
      X