Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Publish an Event from my WebFlow.

Hi,

I'm in trouble with Event Publishing.

I've got a Listener in my main ApplicationContext (Servlet Dispatcher) and some events published by this web part. All this is working fine.

But now I need to publish an event in a webflow action. This action implements an ApplicationEventPublisherAware in order to be able to publish an event.
    No error while publishing, but my Listener doesn't wire the event.

Do I forget something ?
    Is it possible to do so ?

I'm working with spring-1.2.7

Thank for any help

Steph
    Last edited by Proner; May 18th, 2006, 03:04 AM.

Maybe this topic is WebFlow related and must be move ?

Comment

I have never used the applicationContext listener infrastructure but it wouldn't suprise if listeners are only applicable for the context they are defined it...

Try moving the listener into the same context in which the action bean is defined.

I do remember there was a bug to do with contexts not being treated correctly in one of the earlier releases... are you using RC2.0?

Do read that disclaimer at the top of the post; I may well be completely wrong

Comment

Originally posted by yatesco
        I have never used the applicationContext listener infrastructure but it wouldn't suprise if listeners are only applicable for the context they are defined it...
        This is what first come in my mind. But aren't the different contexts link together ?

I do remember there was a bug to do with contexts not being treated correctly in one of the earlier releases... are you using RC2.0?
        I'm using Spring 1.2.7

Do read that disclaimer at the top of the post; I may well be completely wrong
        I do and you may also be right ;-)

Comment

Originally posted by Proner
          This is what first come in my mind. But aren't the different contexts link together ?
          They so have a relationship, but generally it is a hierarchical one, and whilst you can see parent beans, listeners/postProcessBeans are not applied to child contexts.

In other words if you define a propertyPlaceHolder in appContext, it will *not* be applied to your -servlet.xml.

Originally posted by Proner
          I'm using Spring 1.2.7
          I meant which version of SWF

Comment

They so have a relationship, but generally it is a hierarchical one, and whilst you can see parent beans, listeners/postProcessBeans are not applied to child contexts.

In other words if you define a propertyPlaceHolder in appContext, it will *not* be applied to your -servlet.xml.
            Good exemple. I understood.

I meant which version of SWF
            I'm always working with the pr5 version.

Comment

Ok, I've just copied the bean declaration of my listener in the webflow xmlContext, as you told me and that's work fine.

Thank you

Steph

Comment

No worries.

Try upgrading to 1.0 RC2. Things have changed quite a lot, but it is worth it

Comment

Working...
                X