X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quartz OutOfMemoryException

I have a scheduled task that I've set up that works on all of my servers but one. Here's the stack trace. Anyone know how to go about troubleshooting this?

Code:
    INFO JobRunShell.java(181) [15:19:34,620]: Job DEFAULT.ssnJobDetail threw a JobExecutionException:
    org.quartz.JobExecutionException: Could not invoke method 'doIt' on target object [XXXXXXXXX@136bdda] [See nested exception: java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException]
            at org.springframework.scheduling.quartz.MethodInvokingJobDetailFactoryBean$MethodInvokingJob.executeInternal(MethodInvokingJobDetailFactoryBean.java:135)
            at org.springframework.scheduling.quartz.QuartzJobBean.execute(QuartzJobBean.java:66)
            at org.quartz.core.JobRunShell.run(JobRunShell.java:178)
            at org.quartz.simpl.SimpleThreadPool$WorkerThread.run(SimpleThreadPool.java:477)
    * Nested Exception (Underlying Cause) ---------------
    java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException
            at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
            at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39)
            at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)
            at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:324)
            at org.springframework.util.MethodInvoker.invoke(MethodInvoker.java:216)
            at org.springframework.scheduling.quartz.MethodInvokingJobDetailFactoryBean$MethodInvokingJob.executeInternal(MethodInvokingJobDetailFactoryBean.java:126)
            at org.springframework.scheduling.quartz.QuartzJobBean.execute(QuartzJobBean.java:66)
            at org.quartz.core.JobRunShell.run(JobRunShell.java:178)

at org.quartz.simpl.SimpleThreadPool$WorkerThread.run(SimpleThreadPool.java:477)
    Caused by: java.lang.OutOfMemoryError

If this is working in most environments, but not this one, then the first thing I would do is take a look at the differences between the environments. i.e. it is possible in this environment you are running with less memory allocated to th VM. Alternately, are there differences in how the app is used in each environment?

You may have to get out a profile though and see how memory is being consumed...

Comment

Working...
    X