X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Making PropertyPlaceholderConfigurer locale-aware

I'm implementing Spring in a large codebase and need to make the xxx.properties files - for configuring our System - locale sensitive?

I know of the ResourceBundleMessageSource class being able to make the properties files locale sensitive.
    However the way of referring to a key/value pair using the ${some.key} does not seem to be supported.

On the other hand the PropertyPlaceholderConfigurer has the ability to use the ${some.key} form, but is not locale sensitive.

Is there any way of combining the 2 and making the PropertyPlaceholderConfigurer locale sensitive?

I can obviously do it my self but it seems odd that this feature is not already supported by Spring.

Am I missing something?

As far as I am aware of, there exists no such feature out of the box. Though, as you said, it should not be very hard to add.

I just wonder why you need to localize your configuration? Which locale-dependent properties does your application have (other than those that could be handled by standard Java locale support)?
    I'm just asking, because maybe there is another solution for your issue.

Regards,
    Andreas

Comment

Working...
    X