Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Controlling/testing Quarts and ActiveMQ/Jencks apps

Hi,

I have an application that will use Quarts for scheduling batch processing and use ActiveMQ/Jencks to handle communications. These are two separate sub-applications that do not communicate directly. They both have a common characteristic in that they both Quartz and Jencks 'start running' once the context is loaded with the definition file. I would like to manage this behavior better from the main application.

To control when Quarts and Jencks run, my solution is to load them into separate GenericApplicationContexts from a main parent ApplicationContext when needed. To stop them, one closes the child contexts. First of all, is there a better way to switch these app on and off?

If this is an appropriate way to control these systems, what would be a good strategy for unit testing the methods of the main application that reference objects in the child contexts without running the actual child apps?

Thanks in advance!

Quartz,JMS with JMX

Use JMX..if your not using an application server..just use JMX with Quartz exposing the scheduler methods.

with JMS if your not using an App server with ActiveMQ..do the same thing to monitor and control it.

or if u think JMX Is over kill..why dont u just make a JSP to view/control the jobs,JMS,etc.?

Comment

Working...
    X