Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hot Deploy time in weblogic with Spring 2 Milestone 3

Hi,

I upgraded Spring version to 2 Milestone 3 from 1.2.6 and the problem i have is while doing a deploy of my application, The application is not deploying completely. The status in the weblogic console is showing as deploying after 20 mins of starting the deployment.
    When i restart container (weblogic) the application deploys without any problem.
    Please help.

Thanks,
    -S

What can you see in the logs?

Comment

INFO [ExecuteThread: '1' for queue: 'weblogic.kernel.System'] AbstractApplicationContext.doClose(582) | Closing application context [Roo
      t WebApplicationContext]

INFO [ExecuteThread: '1' for queue: 'weblogic.kernel.System'] AbstractBeanFactory.destroySingletons(569) | Destroying singletons in fact
      ory {org.springframework.beans.factory.support.Default ListableBeanFactory defining beans [propertyConfigurer,dataSource,filterChainProxy,txP roxyTempla

INFO [ExecuteThread: '1' for queue: 'weblogic.kernel.System'] EhCacheManagerFactoryBean.destroy(93) | Shutting down EHCache CacheManager

Nothing after that. I don't see spring instantiating singletons. If i restart weblogic it deploys application.

Thanks
      S

Comment

Eventually application got deployed with hot deploy but after 15 mins. For development this is a long time to wait for the deploy.
        With Spring ver 1.2.6 application deployed in 2 mins.

Comment

but after 15 mins. For development this is a long time to wait for the deploy
          Agreed - lower the logging level from INFO to DEBUG.
          INFO [ExecuteThread: '1' for queue: 'weblogic.kernel.System'] AbstractApplicationContext.doClose(582) | Closing application context [Roo
          t WebApplicationContext]
          Your application context is shutdown - I assume it is the old one. However, there should be some explanation why the redeploy takes so long.

Comment

The logs i posted are with Spring 2 Milestone 3 version

Comment

Yes but they contain just INFO messages. I was suggesting to switch to DEBUG both on WebLogic and Spring. You will end up with a log of logs but if you filter out the unrelevant packages you can find the problem.

Comment

I lowered spring logging from INFO TO DEBUG and the logs are

INFO [ExecuteThread: '0' for queue: 'weblogic.kernel.System'] AbstractApplicationContext.doClose(582) | Closing application context [Roo
                t WebApplicationContext]
                DEBUG [ExecuteThread: '0' for queue: 'weblogic.kernel.System'] AbstractApplicationContext.publishEvent(232) | Publishing event in contex
                t [Root WebApplicationContext]: org.springframework.context.event.ContextClosedEve nt[source=org.springframework.web.context.support.Xml WebApplicationC
                ontext: display name [Root WebApplicationContext]; startup date [Wed Mar 29 10:07:29 EST 2006]; root of context hierarchy; config locations [/WEB-INF/
                applicationContext-*.xml,classpath*:com/choicepoint/vc/dao/jdbc/applicationContext-*.xml,classpath*:com/choicepoint/vc/service/applicationContext-*.xm
                l]]

INFO [ExecuteThread: '0' for queue: 'weblogic.kernel.System'] AbstractBeanFactory.destroySingletons(569) | Destroying singletons in fact
                ory {org.springframework.beans.factory.support.Default ListableBeanFactory defining beans [......]; root of BeanFactory hierarchy}

DEBUG [ExecuteThread: '0' for queue: 'weblogic.kernel.System'] AbstractBeanFactory.destroyBean(1051) | Retrieving dependent beans for be
                an 'org.springframework.cache.ehcache.EhCacheManagerF actoryBean#474070'

DEBUG [ExecuteThread: '0' for queue: 'weblogic.kernel.System'] AbstractBeanFactory.destroyBean(1051) | Retrieving dependent beans for be
                an 'org.springframework.cache.ehcache.EhCacheFactoryB ean#1d78db8'

an 'userCache'

an 'daoAuthenticationProvider'

an 'authenticationManager'

an 'authenticationProcessingFilter'

DEBUG [ExecuteThread: '0' for queue: 'weblogic.kernel.System'] AbstractBeanFactory$1.destroy(969) | Invoking destroy() on bean with name
                'org.springframework.cache.ehcache.EhCacheManagerF actoryBean#474070'

INFO [ExecuteThread: '0' for queue: 'weblogic.kernel.System'] EhCacheManagerFactoryBean.destroy(93) | Shutting down EHCache CacheManager
                Last edited by saleti; Mar 29th, 2006, 10:19 AM.

Comment

DEBUG [ExecuteThread: '0' for queue: 'weblogic.kernel.System'] ConfigureListener.contextDestroyed(353) | contextDestroyed(null)

INFO [ExecuteThread: '0' for queue: 'weblogic.kernel.System'] AbstractApplicationContext.doClose(582) | Closing application context [Roo
                  t WebApplicationContext]

DEBUG [ExecuteThread: '0' for queue: 'weblogic.kernel.System'] AbstractApplicationContext.publishEvent(232) | Publishing event in contex
                  t [Root WebApplicationContext]:
                  org.springframework.context.event.ContextClosedEve nt[source=org.springframework.web.context.support.Xml WebApplicationC
                  ontext: display name [Root WebApplicationContext]; startup date [Wed Mar 29 10:29:48 EST 2006]; root of context hierarchy; config locations [/WEB-INF/
                  applicationContext-*.xml,classpath*:com/choicepoint/vc/dao/jdbc/applicationContext-*.xml,classpath*:com/choicepoint/vc/service/applicationContext-*.xm
                  l]]

INFO [ExecuteThread: '0' for queue: 'weblogic.kernel.System'] AbstractBeanFactory.destroySingletons(569) | Destroying singletons in fact
                  ory {org.springframework.beans.factory.support.Default ListableBeanFactory defining beans [.......]; root of BeanFactory hierarchy}

an 'org.springframework.cache.ehcache.EhCacheManagerF actoryBean#3dfa7c'

an 'org.springframework.cache.ehcache.EhCacheFactoryB ean#107ed45'

an 'userCache'

an 'daoAuthenticationProvider'

an 'authenticationManager'

an 'authenticationProcessingFilter'

DEBUG [ExecuteThread: '0' for queue: 'weblogic.kernel.System'] AbstractBeanFactory$1.destroy(969) | Invoking destroy() on bean with name
                  'org.springframework.cache.ehcache.EhCacheManagerF actoryBean#3dfa7c'

INFO [ExecuteThread: '0' for queue: 'weblogic.kernel.System'] EhCacheManagerFactoryBean.destroy(93) | Shutting down EHCache CacheManager

DEBUG [ExecuteThread: '0' for queue: 'weblogic.kernel.System'] DiskStore.dispose(444) | Deleting file userCache.data

DEBUG [Store userCache Expiry Thread] DiskStore.expiryThreadMain(649) | userCacheCache: Expiry thread interrupted on Disk Store.

Comment

Please Help. I changed my version to 1.2.6 and starting having the same problem with 15 mins deploy time. I never had any problem before i upgarded to 2.0 m3
                    Code hasn't changed.
                    Now everytime i make a change and want to test it is taking me 15 mins just for deployment which is unacceptable.

Comment

Not a solution but might help the troubleshooting - try this: undeploy the application, restart the server, make sure the previous deloyment is gone, and deploy the application as a new one. See if you still get the same delay.

Comment

Please Ignore the issue i posted, it has nothing to do with spring upgrade. I did a change when i upgraded to new version of spring and the change i made created this issue.

Thanks a bunch for everyones help.

Comment

Working...
                        X