X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• installation

Ok, so this is a real <novice> question, but I'm a student and am in no way a pro at this:

how do you install the spring framework? I downloaded spring-framework-with-dep.zip and put it in c:\spring-framework. Then I fired up eclipse and started a new project from a build.xml file. It couldnt find any of the lib/ files, so I manually moved them over to the workspace. now it runs "ant <nothing>" fine, but even "ant tests" throws an error:

C:\Program Files\eclipse\workspace\spring-core\build.xml:116: Unexpected error

I have a feeling I'm going about this all wrong, perhaps I just need to include the tree in any new projects- but I've never done that before (student, remember). please point me in the right direction!

~Pi

There is no need to *install* Spring, just unzip it to a location you like. Unless you want to patch something yourself locally you also do not need to build anything.

Just use the appropriate jars as indicated in the reference manual (part of the distribution). If in doubt, use spring.jar, which bundles all core classes.

About using Spring: Have a look at the reference manual and try to understand the sample application (also part of the distribution).

Hope that helps,
    Andreas

Comment

Working...
    X