Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.
PropertyPlaceholderConfigurer working in 1.2.6 but not in 2.0-M2 Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PropertyPlaceholderConfigurer working in 1.2.6 but not in 2.0-M2

Hi Everyone

I have recently tried the 2.0 M2 Spring.jar and immediately found that what was working for PropertyPlaceholderConfigurer is suddenly not working in 2.0.

I have a bean with a property like:
    <property name="readQueueName"><value>${queue.routerQueue}</value></property>

and a property file like:
    queue.routerQueue=routerQueue1

but what is set in the bean, is ${queue.routerQueue} and not the substituted value. I am pretty certain that the PropertyPlaceholderConfigurer bean is able to read the value - I have set breakpoints and extended the class to provide JMX viewing of the properties and they are correct.

I have many, many properties set in my config files, and some get replaced and others do not. I cannot actually track down a pattern just yet.

Can anyone suggest what might have changed in V2, that I should look at?

Thanks
    Pat

Please report this issue on JIRA: Spring 2.0 is suppose to be 100% compatible with the 1.2.x branch.

Comment

I just tried an upgrade from 2-m1 to 2-m2 and the property placeholder has stopped working. Was working fine in 2-m1

Comment

I searched for an existing jira issue, and couldn't find one.

I created one here http://opensource2.atlassian.com/pro...rowse/SPR-1741

Comment

Originally posted by YoungSoul
          I have many, many properties set in my config files, and some get replaced and others do not. I cannot actually track down a pattern just yet.

Can anyone suggest what might have changed in V2, that I should look at?
          In another thread someone is experiencing problems with property placeholders and bean aliasing :

http://forum.springframework.org/showthread.php?t=22579

Does this apply to you?

Comment

This was noted with issue SPR-1719, and according to the status of that it has been fixed and will be available in the M3 release.

Comment

Working...
            X