Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Confusion - Multiple Property Sources in Spring 3.1

Hi guys,
    I'm a bit confused with the new property sources. What I want to do is the following:

As per default, there is an environment.properties file in my classpath. This one should be used always as default. In order to be able to override some properties, an optional file "/etc/env.properties" should be loaded as well (but only if it is there).

I tried the following:

Code:
    @PropertySource(value={"classpath:/environment.properties", "file:/etc/env.properties"})
    public class Config {...}
    This is not working in case there is no /etc/env.properties file.

The next thing I was trying was to remove the @PropertySource annotation and providing a PropertySourcesPlaceholderConfigurer like this:

Code:
    @Configuration
    public class Config {
    	@Autowired
    	private Environment env;

@Bean
    	public static PropertySourcesPlaceholderConfigurer properties() {
    		PropertySourcesPlaceholderConfigurer pspc = new PropertySourcesPlaceholderConfigurer();
    		Resource[] resources = new Resource[2];
    		resources[0] = new ClassPathResource("environment.properties");
    		resources[1] = new FileSystemResource("/etc/env.properties");
    		pspc.setLocations(resources);
    		pspc.setIgnoreResourceNotFound(true);
    		return pspc;
    	}
    }
    This was basically working, BUT whenever I try to load a property from the Environment, I was not able to find any of my configured propertySources. The content of my environment shows the following list of propertySources: ([servletConfigInitParams,servletContextInitParams,j ndiProperties,systemProperties,systemEnvironment]). So my configured sources are missing.

As I read, there is no way to use the @PropertySource Annotation and to define the IgnoreResourceNotFound setting. So what is the best way to solve my problem?

Best regards,
    fr

Nobody there who has the same issue? Topic clear or should I extend my example?

Comment

Working...
    X