Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.
init-method not invoked with XmlBeanFactory & PropertyPlaceholderConfigurer Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• init-method not invoked with XmlBeanFactory & PropertyPlaceholderConfigurer

Hello,
    I was trying to familiarize with different ways to define a bean using a XML file (spring 3.2).
    I created a bean with a init-method
    Code:
    	<bean id="main" class="org.gsarno.spring.main.DBExecutor" init-method="start">
    and I experimented 2 different ways to create the bean using a java property file. I noticed that
    with Method-1 the init-method is only invoked if factory.getBean is invoked. With Method 2 getBean is not necessary.

Can anybody explain init-method is not invoked for Method-1 and whether there is a way to do that without invoking getBean ?

Method-1:
    Code:
            XmlBeanFactory factory = new XmlBeanFactory(new FileSystemResource("gsarnoSpringConfig.xml"));
            URL propurl = (new File("gsarnoSpringConfig.properties")).toURI().toURL();
            InputStream in = propurl.openStream();
            Properties properties = new Properties();
            properties.load(in);
            PropertyPlaceholderConfigurer configurer = new PropertyPlaceholderConfigurer();     
            configurer.setProperties(properties);
            configurer.setIgnoreUnresolvablePlaceholders(true);
            configurer.postProcessBeanFactory(factory);
            //DBExecutor bean = (DBExecutor) factory.getBean("main");
    Method-2:
    Code:
            FileSystemXmlApplicationContext context = new FileSystemXmlApplicationContext("gsarnoSpringConfigNew.xml");

I suggest a read of the reference guide which explains the differences between a beanfactory and an applicationcontext. In general always use an ApplicationContext. (The ApplicationContext is, in short, a BeanFactory on steriods).

Comment

Working...
    X