X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What do you mean by "icm"?

Otherwise, your point about configuring the PropertySourcesPlaceholderConfigurer manually is relevant: I now get another error:

Code:
    org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanInitializationException: Could not load properties; nested exception is java.io.FileNotFoundException: Could not open ServletContext resource [/classpath*:META-INF/spring/default/*.properties]
    with the following config:
    Code:
    <bean class="org.springframework.context.support.PropertySourcesPlaceholderConfigurer">
    	<property name="location" value="classpath*:META-INF/spring/default/*.properties"/>
    	<property name="ignoreUnresolvablePlaceholders" value="true" />
    </bean>
    In both webmvc-config.xml and applicationContext.xml...

Comment

I shouldn't mix dutch abbreviations into English sentences . In combination with is what I was about to type.

Just did a quick test (spring 3.1.3) and works like a charm, at least from a unit test. So not sure why it doesn't work in web environment.

Try removing the * from classpath*: see if that works. In general classpath*: is only useful if you want to load resources from jar files.

Comment

Unfortunately, it does not make any difference...

Here is my new config:
        Code:
        <beans profile="default">
        	<bean class="org.springframework.context.support.PropertySourcesPlaceholderConfigurer">
        		<property name="location" value="classpath:META-INF/spring/default/*.properties"/>
        		<property name="ignoreUnresolvablePlaceholders" value="true" />
        	</bean>
        </beans>
        and the resulting exception:
        Code:
        GRAVE: Exception lors de l'envoi de l'évènement contexte initialisé (context initialized) à l'instance de classe d'écoute (listener) org.springframework.web.context.ContextLoaderListener
        org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanInitializationException: Could not load properties; nested exception is java.io.FileNotFoundException: class path resource [META-INF/spring/default/*.properties] 
        cannot be opened because it does not exist
        I use Spring 3.2.0...

Comment

I figured you would also check the stacktrace and see that *.properties isn't a valid filename... Change to the properties file needed..

Comment

Yes. I had actually figured this out after posting my last thread.

I changed to :
            Code:
            <property name="location" value="classpath:META-INF/spring/default/app-config.properties" />
            And I get the same error as before i.e.:

Code:
            Could not autowire field: private java.lang.String com.kadjoukor.service.MailerServiceImpl.websiteContext; nested exception is java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Could not resolv
            e placeholder 'application.url' in string value "${application.url}"
            event though the content of app-config.properties is as follows:
            app-config.properties:
            Code:
            application.url=http://localhost:8080/kadjoukor
            Back to square one...

Comment

Strange.. My test is working as expected with the exact same setup only difference is I run it from a testcase and not a web application. But in theory the behavior should be the same.

Comment

Hi Marten!

I actually decided to give up (temporarily) on this issue and tried to switch back to a config without profiles.

Then I realized that the issue was elsewhere. For some reason, Spring does not like this:
                Code:
                <context:property-placeholder location="classpath*:META-INF/spring/*.properties" />
                <context:property-placeholder location="classpath*:META-INF/spring/default/*.properties" />
                Notice the nested "default" directory.

I had forgotten to mention the presence of the first line (above) in my original post because I deemed it irrelevant (sorry about that)...

Comment

The problem with that is that by default a property-placeholder resolves ALL placeholders if one cannot be found it throws an exception. You have 2 solutions for this.

1. set the property ignore-unresolvable to true on at least the first placeholder (however order is basically undetermined so you might need to set them on both)

2. Use a single property-placeholder which loads files from both location, use a , seperated location for that (simply putting both in).

Comment

Thanks Marten. That fixed it!

Comment

Working...
                    X