X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Put multiple bean instances in a collection

My requirement is put multiple instances of a bean (scope=prototype) into an ArrayList.
    Is there any automatic way to achieve it.
    Currently I have written a helper class to return the bean instance and also add this new instances to member ArrayList as shown below:

Code:
        public List<Employee> empList = new ArrayList<Employee>();

public Employee getEmployee() {
    		ApplicationContext empContext = new ClassPathXmlApplicationContext(
    				"employee-module.xml");
    		Employee emp = (Employee) empContext.getBean("empBean");
    		empList.add(emp);
    		return emp;
    	}

I really hope that this isn't code you are seriously using in a production system... NEVER create an instance of the application context just for the sake of retrieving a bean. Unless you want to get memory problems, concurrency problems, tx problems... So in short never do this. Next to that you have code with side-effects (it isn't a simply getter it adds something to a list)...

If you want to retrieve bean instances simply make the bean that needs this ApplicationContextAware or BeanFactoryAware that way you get access to the ApplicationContext/BeanFactory and can simply do a getBean on there.

Comment

My problem is not for bean instantiation but is about how to maintain an arraylist of all instances of Employee class.
      The code is just for demonstration purpose.

Comment

@extremejava,

you're only stopping yourself here. just read a bit and think programmatically. Anyway, i don't know what you intend to do but learn to apply yourself a bit when using spring. Its lot more fun than you can imagine at this stage. Don't run around for these petty issues. I think this forum is not for learning spring.

Comment

Working...
        X