Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ApplicationContext.xml at individual class level

Hello Spring experts

You can tell I am new to spring FW from my post.

Is it possible to configure applicationContext.xml (basically context configuration file) at a class level or a servlet level in a web application? Like how we can configure mvc config file per servlet in web.xml.
    What I am trying to do is
    I have a service impl class and I am setting its property via applicationContext.xml bean definition.
    <bean id="genericSupportService" class="com.xyz.genric.GenericSupportServiceImpl">
    <property name="wsConfigUrl" value="a/b/c" />

I have 2 servlets. When the request comes thru servlet 1, the value of a/b/c is perfectly fine.
    But for requests routed thru servlet 2, I want the same property wsConfigUrl to assume d/e/f.
    I can use setters and keep changing the value back and forth between a/b/c and d/e/f but dont think it is an elegant solution. At the same time I think bean scope being prototype is also an overkill. Ideally I think I want to load one bean per servlet with different values using different configurations.

Hope I made sense with my question. Greatly appreaciate any insight.

Thanks

You already gave yourself the solution..

Ideally I think I want to load one bean per servlet with different values using different configurations.
    What is preventing you from doing so?

Comment

Working...
    X