Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NotReadablePropertyException after some time running

Hi,

We are using Spring MVC v3.1.0.RELEASE in our project. Recently, after upgrading Glassfish to versjon 3.1.x (from v3.0.1), we have had problems with org.springframework.beans.NotReadablePropertyExcep tion being thrown. The strange this is that it works fine for a period of time, but then suddenly the exception is thrown. And, once it happens, it will always happen for the class in question, and we need to restart to get it working again.

This indicates that there is nothing wrong with the code (we didn't have this problem on Glassfish 3.0.1, with the exception of it appearing in conjunction with OutOfMemoryError and full heap space), so what could be the cause of this?

-Tobb

Tobb,

I'm amazed at your ability to concentrate ONLY at the problem at hand. And the easiest solution to this is

Downgrade from Glassfish 3.1.x to 3.1.0 and rejoice.

Comment

Downgrading is for chickens

Besides, I do not control which version of Glassfish is running in our production environment, my job is to make it work. Of course, if all else fails I would have to advice the people in charge to downgrade, but I still hope to find a solution that doesn't involve this.

As a small update, I was able to debug against the production environment, and found that the property was available as it left the controller, which rules out quite a bit, it seems the problem has to do with jsp and it's generated Java classes. I've made sure that the person in charge of redeploying will check for precompiling jsps (he hasn't done this every time in the past), hopefully it will prevent the error from happening.

Comment

Working...
      X