Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.
BeanDefinitionBuilder and problem to call initialize method with parameter Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BeanDefinitionBuilder and problem to call initialize method with parameter

Hi,

i started writing a custom namespace for a 3rd party key-value store project. All in all i understand how the NamespaceHandler and AbstractSingleBeanDefinitionParser thingy works. But i have one problem. The 3rd party class which i need to instantiate (or which spring needs to instantiate for me) has a no-arg constructor (this is fine) but needs a call to a initialize(Configuration conf) method.

Of course i built the needed Configuration object in my BeanDefinitionParser but i dont know how to tell the BeanDefinitionBuilder (bdb) to call this for me with the Configuration Object i created. At first i thought about using bdb.setInitMethodName(String) but i cant supply a parameter to that init-method. I also cant use bdb.addPropertyValue(String, Object) because i dont have a setConfiguration() method in this 3rd party class but the mentioned initialize(Configuration) method.

I know there must be some way to achieve this. I could ask the 3rd party project to make the Bootstrap class more spring friendly but this looks bad ;-) I want to solve it with Spring.

Anyone an idea?

Thanks.
    marc
Working...
X