Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Enterprise packaging

Hi,

I'm currently working on a large enterprise Java Application I try to migrate back to Spring. This is because most of the features of the enterprise Java Stack I do not need but the overall performance of the application got worse after migration to Java EE.

What I currently miss in the Spring environment is a similar packaging as for Java EE: EAR archive containing one or more WAR archives and multiple JAR archives whereas the business logic is implemented in the JARs but the application context (in spring terms) is spread accross all archives within the EAR.

Is something like this possible? Or is it only possible by using OSGi with Genimi on a Virgo server or something similar=

Thanks and Best Regards
    Florian

I don't see your point if you want an EAR with multiple WARs use it... The fact that you use Spring doesn't mean you cannot use an EAR file anymore...

Comment

But where should I put the application context file if I want to have a single context for the whole application? In the META-INF foleder of the EAR?

Comment

Put it in the EAR and use a BeanFactoryLocator to load the shared context (this is explained in the EJB chapter of the reference guide).

Comment

Since the time you posted, SpringSource has launched a new tool project for migration of a JavaEE application to Spring. The brief usage guide has some information, you could get started with.

Comment

Working...
          X