Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• @Transactional and GenericApplicationContext

Hi all,

At the beginning I want to say hello for everyone, because I'm new at this forum.

And now to the point:

I'm using @Transactional and transaction management by annotation (<tx:annotation-driven>). I have problem when I'm using GenericApplicationContext to create application context and get some beans from it:
    Code:
    GenericApplicationContext ctx = new GenericApplicationContext();

// Load beans definitions 
    			XmlBeanDefinitionReader xmlReader = new XmlBeanDefinitionReader(ctx);
    			xmlReader.loadBeanDefinitions(new ClassPathResource(CONTEXT_PATH));

// Register the datasource 
    			ctx.getBeanFactory().registerSingleton(CONTEXT_DATASOURCE_BEAN_NAME, dataSource);

// Get the service
    			ServiceInterface service = (ServiceInterface) ctx.getBean("service");
    I've got the instance of ServiceInterface but I want to have the proxy which contains information about transactions.

Could you explain me what I've missed?

Thanks for your help

Regards Tomasz

Not sure what you want but hte instance is the proxy...

Comment

Did you get the "service" as a proxy? I have it as a instance of the Service class. I don't have any information about the transactions :/

Basically my problem is very similar to: http://forum.springsource.org/showth...-via-a-factory

I want to have transactions on beans created by bean factory. How to proceed transaction annotation after getting bean from bean factory?
      Last edited by master_on; Nov 6th, 2012, 04:06 AM.

Comment

If there is no proxy your configuration is wrong... Also you should first refresh the applicationcontext instead of directly getting the beans.

Comment

Thanks for your replies. So do you have any idea what can be missed in configuration? I have only this for transactions:
          Code:
               <bean id="txManager" class="org.springframework.orm.hibernate3.HibernateTransactionManager">
                  <property name="sessionFactory">
                  	<ref local="sessionFactory"/>
                  </property>
              </bean>

<!-- enable the configuration of transactional behavior based on annotations -->
          	<tx:annotation-driven transaction-manager="txManager"/>

Comment

Thank you very much Marten. I've added ctx.refresh() and now I have proxy.

Comment

Working...
            X