X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Import same applicationContext several times

I have split my applicationContext into several small contexts, some are JavaConfig and some are xml. I have dao-context.xml, ldap-context.xml, etc. I have had a huge services-context.xml, but would like to split it up into smaller units, like servicex-context.xml and servicey-context.xml.

The purpose of this is to make it easier to test a service without wiring up the entire context.

I would like servicex-context to import dao-context and ldap-context, so that when I specify in my test that I'd like to use servicex-context I will automatically get the other contexts that servicex requires.

In my top level applicationContext, main-application-context.xml, I will import servicex-context and servicey-context. As a result, dao-context.xml and ldap-context.xml will be imported several times. Is this a problem?

I can remove the imports from servicex-context and servicey-context, and add them to main-application-context, but then I'll have to add several contexts in a test, so all the required classes are available. I'd like to avoid that.

Regards, Haagen

I've not seen this kind of inclusion being problematic. Even if the same declarations are repeated multiple times, all the bean definitions are consolidated so that actually only a single instance for each bean declaration is created. This is automatically taken care of

Comment

Working...
    X