Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.
How to inject correct implementation of a field in extended class from abstract?? Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to inject correct implementation of a field in extended class from abstract??

Hi all!

I try to explain the subject of this message, I think with the tittle is not very clear .

I'm implementing some DAO stuff where I use an abstract class my other classes extend from. In this abstract class I have a property which type is an "abstract" interface I use as a model. Each class that extends this abstract class has its own interface which extends from the abstract interface. This way I can autowired the correct implementation of the interface for the field using @Autowired in the setter method for the property. The problem is I have to override the setter method in every class that extends from the abstract class to let spring know which implementation I want for each of them.
    My question is, is there any way to set the @Autowired annotation in the abstract class so, when I extend this class, spring knows which implementation to wire to not to override the setter method in every class? I tried with generics but it doesn't work
    It's a little bit complicated to explain so here is some code.

Code:
    public interface AbstractInterface{
    }

public class AbstractClass {

protected AbstractInterface property;

.... some code using property....
    }

public interface ExtendedInterface extends AbstractInterface{
    }

public class ExtendedClass extends AbstractClass {

//This is what I want to avoid
       @Autowired