Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WebSphere runnning 100% cpu !

Hi,
    I try to write a basic sample appl, the go /nogo with Spring meeting is for tomorrow.... and, using Was5.1 test environment in WSAD512, the app run 100% cpu after initializing the context.
    I something running asynchroneously ?
    Any idea welcome ! Thanks

Spring itself will not spawn any threads while initializing or using the context. It's possible that some bean you're configuring in the container is doing this though, but there's not enough info in your post to make this anything more than speculation, or try to figure out the cause...

Comment

Hi Colin,
      Nothing really special in my context for a sample appl:
      * a Jta transaction manager and associated WebSphere datasource to DB2
      * an iBatis Sqlmap and the associated dao
      * a strutc action
      The context is loaded via the Struts plugin, a listener is installed for log4j configuration.
      I suspected WSAD, re-installed previous version 5.1.1, but result is the same !

Comment

What happens with the app in WebSphere itself?

Comment

Just because your using Spring doesn't mean it is causing the problems. Try ruling out Spring first if you need to make an immediate decision on it. If it is a simple application, you should be able to refactor everything to do without Spring pretty quickly - part of it's Spring's charm.

Posting the application context and WebSphere logs would help too.

Comment

Found !
            Thank you Colin, you help me saying that no threads were spawn, in fact, one is... the Log4jConfigListener, and a keystroke error put the refresh value to 0....
            Thank you for help

Comment

Working...
            X