Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ReflectionUtils.invokeMethod

Hi,

In org.springframework.osgi.util.internal.ReflectionU tils #invokeMethod(java.lang.reflect.Method, Object, Object[])

Java is throwing an exception in: return method.invoke(target, args);

This only happens when spring passes a Proxy class as the target. At the moment as a workaround I just make sure that spring do not proxy these classes. In my case it happens when using:

<osgi:list id="plugins" cardinality="0..N" interface="com.blah.blah.Plugin">
    <osgi:listener bind-method="registerPlugin" unbind-method="unregisterPlugin" ref="pluginManager" />
    </osgi:list>

pluginManger is proxied and is the target in the method above.

The exception below:

threw exception when passing service type [$Proxy143]
    java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: object is not an instance of declaring class
    at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Nativ e Method)[:1.7.0_07]
    at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(Native MethodAccessorImpl.java:57)[:1.7.0_07]
    at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(De legatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)[:1.7.0_07]
    at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:601)[:1.7.0_07]
    at org.springframework.osgi.util.internal.ReflectionU tils.invokeMethod(ReflectionUtils.java:108)[90:org.springframework.osgi.core:1.2.1]

Any idea if this is a bug?

No it isn't as it is a proxy (and depending on the type of proxy it is indeed not a type of declaring class).

Also why is this in container... This clearly is an Spring DM class and not a Spring class and Spring DM isn't continued anymore and has been donated to the Eclipse foundation.

Comment

Thanks, I'll take this to another forum.

Comment

Working...
      X