X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• can't execute a Simple Spring Utility Project

Hi, I am quite new to Spring, could anybody please help me execute a Simple Spring Utility Project in STS? I have selected >Run Configuration... > Maven build > but unlike Ant where you have the "ant run" task, I cannot find any Maven goal or phase that will actually execute the programme, other than "mvn compile" or "package" or "install".
    Executing as a Java application does not work either. Am I missing something? Thank you!

There is nothing to execute only testcases... The project doesn't create a standalone program it is a utility jar which should be part of a larger (web?) application.

Comment

Thank you

Originally posted by Marten Deinum View Post
      There is nothing to execute only testcases... The project doesn't create a standalone program it is a utility jar which should be part of a larger (web?) application.
      Thank you Marten, for your valuable info. I see. So this is why there are no "ant run"-like tasks in Maven.
      I am doing the exercises from the Clarence Ho and Rob Harrop's ProSpring3 book.
      I have suceeded at the end to run it as a Java Application, by defining a main class.

Thank you.

Comment

Working...
      X